Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 03:49 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,447,997 times

Advertisements

The Inn at Middleton Place accepts dogs less than 50 pounds. I guess you can say yours are 49 pounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 AM

68 posts, read 82,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealDreamer View Post
The Inn at Middleton Place accepts dogs less than 50 pounds. I guess you can say yours are 49 pounds.
I like the way you think TealDreamer! Yes, I would have "rounded down" like I do on the weight on my drivers license.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 AM

Thanks again everyone for your help! I just wanted to add a few updates in hopes that it will help someone else who might be in a similar situation.

The Vendue Inn has only 4 rooms that allow dogs. Also the dogs can not be left alone in the room. So they must go with you or the Inn can recommend pet sitters that you can hire to sit with your dog while you are not in the room. I apologize I can't remember if there was a cleaning fee for having a pet and if there was a weight limit.

The Inn at Middleton does take dogs less then 50 pounds. I believe there is a $50 one time cleaning fee as well. The seemed like a good possibility until I read this on their website:

"the Inn is very much un-planned and natural.
When you first pull off the main highway you follow a dusty, dirt road which
leads you to the registration building. Once checked in you are directed to your
room. Dirt pathways direct you between buildings and trees hang low around
the rooms. When it rains, there will be mud. We are not apologizing for these
things and hope that the jungle we offer here is more ascetically pleasing then the concrete one you face elsewhere. "

I get this and like the idea but since it is a short stay I didn't want to deal with the possible mix of pups covered in mud/dirt. Also they stated on their website they have A LOT of squirrels! My pups love hunting squirrels more than Elmer Fudd loves huntin' wabbits!

The Extended Stay America only allows one pet per room. Since we have two pups that was a non starter, again I apologize as I don't know if they have a weight limit or fee. I *think* their fee is $25 a night but please double check. It was a great deal $74 a night with AAA but we would have had to get two rooms.

As for the La Quinta, I didn't call them. They might be great, it's just an issue we had with them (in a different state) just made me not want to call. Again the one in Charleston might be great, it's just a personal issue.

The Tides on Folly Beach looks like the best option so far. I called and they were very nice on the phone. I don't think they have a weight limit and it is a one time $85 deep cleaning fee if you bring your pet/pets. The do not have just a few certain rooms designated for pets, they said that is what the one time deep cleaning fee is for, to make sure the room is properly cleaned and pets can stay in any room.

Thanks again for all the input/advice. If I find out anymore information that might be helpful I will be sure to post.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
The Inn at Middleton would have been really nice, the wife and I stayed out there once when her principal had a team building weekend there.....

A lot of squirrels is an understatement, we had several at a time on our windows which were floor to ceiling in the living room area....

Old 12-12-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
The Inn at Middleton would have been really nice, the wife and I stayed out there once when her principal had a team building weekend there.....

A lot of squirrels is an understatement, we had several at a time on our windows which were floor to ceiling in the living room area....
That's funny because we thought ok, we can deal with mud etc. if it rains. But it looked like floor to ceiling windows and our pups would be going bonkers at the sight of all those squirrels. This is the first time we have decided to not pick a hotel because of squirrels. Next time we travel without our dogs we might check The Inn at Middleton out, it looks very nice.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:15 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
It isn't really a hotel as much as a retreat in the woods that rents rooms. It was built on one parcel of the old Middleton Plantation....

Old 12-18-2012, 06:36 AM

14 posts, read 22,897 times
Middleton Plantation is a good 30 minutes from downtown, so if you are looking for something close to downtown, that's a bit of a drive. Have you thought about renting a beach house for a few days? Look at Isle of Palms and Sullivan's Island, they are both alongside Mt Pleasant and a short distance from downtown. You can search online and find some that are dog-friendly.

I agree about dogs and I wish establishments would be more open to dogs. I have a 2 yr old that is incredibly destructive, but I can take him anywhere. On the other hand, my 6 yr old 55lb dog is amazingly well-behaved and quiet, but he's restricted when we travel. Kids are way more destructive.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:14 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,540 times
This isn't a tourist hotel or downtown, but Residence Inn in MP (probably all locations?) allows dogs of ANY size.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:53 PM

mdbarnett1 thank you for the suggestion. Normally we would rent a beach house but we wanted the option to cancel with just 72 hours notice (which you get with a hotel but not a private rental) in case the weather was bad and we couldn't travel. We did drive and check out Sullivan's Island while we were there and I think next time we visit the area (during a season when we wouldn't have to worry about our trip being canceled because of snow/bad weather), we will see about renting a place there.

roxanneself thank you for the suggestion, I will check that out for the next time we need to stay in a hotel!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area