Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:20 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,297,076 times

Advertisements

Right now it is a few trailer parks, gas stations ... ummm.... ummm... ummm & then you turn to d r i v e to Cane Bay or Moncks Corner. But the real Summerville is just down the road apiece on the other side of I 26 ... a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 03:59 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,011,018 times
Summerville? I thought it was in Goose Creek?

Old 02-09-2013, 08:13 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,472,946 times
anyone know where to find any HOA's for the new neighborhoods popping up out there?

I'm thinking of moving into that area in a couple of years, but won't if I can't keep a center console boat in the back of the back yard and can't have a decent size hobby shop too.

will be looking for at least a 1/2 acre, maybe a full acre because my wife wants a a pool in the back yard too... brick ranch...

our house is within a few years of being paid off, kids will be out of college and moved on in the next few years too... close to time to move into a retirement home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
Summerville? I thought it was in Goose Creek?
I think they have been marketing it as SVille but I don't think it's in either SVille or GC, it's in Berkeley County but outside of any city limits I think?

Old 02-09-2013, 10:07 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,011,018 times
Is Roper St. Francis still on board with building a medical facility there? I thought it was to be a hospital, but their press release says a "medical facility".

The press release is dated 2008, so I am not sure if this ever happened or is due to happen.

What else is supposed to be there for retail/restaurants/services?

Old 02-09-2013, 04:08 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,113,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post

I think they have been marketing it as SVille but I don't think it's in either SVille or GC, it's in Berkeley County but outside of any city limits I think?
All the subdivision/plat work we did was titled Berkeley County.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:16 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,297,076 times
Cane Bay is Summerville, Berkeley County. Annexed into Summerville ... don't know if CC is/will be annexed.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:04 PM

139 posts, read 375,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
anyone know where to find any HOA's for the new neighborhoods popping up out there?

I'm thinking of moving into that area in a couple of years, but won't if I can't keep a center console boat in the back of the back yard and can't have a decent size hobby shop too.

will be looking for at least a 1/2 acre, maybe a full acre because my wife wants a a pool in the back yard too... brick ranch...

our house is within a few years of being paid off, kids will be out of college and moved on in the next few years too... close to time to move into a retirement home!

if it's CMG for the HOA, run away as fast as you can.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev4heels View Post
if it's CMG for the HOA, run away as fast as you can.
That's pretty tough to do, since it looks like they manage most of the region. Community Maps | Community Management Group

We've never had a problem with them here, but obviously one persons experience isn't really indicative of the whole.

OP, CMG is pretty huge, and they do manage a great deal of property in the low country. If you send them a message on facebook they may be able to tell you if they manage the property you are interested in. If not, maybe they know who does. Carnes crossroads isn't listed on their site yet, but that isn't surprising.

Edit: While I was looking at the CMG website a widget popped up and a CMG rep asked me if I wanted help. They are not the management company for this property. I know it doesn't answer your question, but it's one to cross off the list.

Last edited by roxanneself; 02-11-2013 at 12:26 PM..

Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 PM

547 posts, read 1,196,755 times
Carnes is within Goose Creek city limits

Old 02-13-2013, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,121 times
Hello,

My name is Steve Peck and I am the President of Community Management Group. Interestingly, my website has a new app in it where it picked up the link that was made in this conversation.

Mr. Simmons, I thought that your concerns with your Assoication were all cleared up in August. If not, please let me know. Krista will be glad to revisit any remaining concerns.

As the other writer has noted we are responsive, available and interested in positively affecting property values and the quality of life for property owners in our 114 communities in the region. This is what we do...

There remains apparent confusion where a few people may believe that CMG has something to do with the implementation of rules in the neighborhoods, and late fees for late payments. These are all laid out in the Governing Documents and association policies. Our role is to implement these under the direction of a Board of Directors.

My office is always available as is our whole staff of 42 people, to help resolve any issue.

843-795-8484 x5 (direct)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area