Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 03:09 PM

16 posts, read 30,832 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. So there is a huge possibility that I may be moving to Charleston in January 2014. I've been looking online at different apartments and the first one that popped up for the area I would like to live in (West Ashley) are the Abberly at West Ashley Apartments. I did a search on here for any past threads about said apartments, and while I found one it was dated from 2008/2009.

I read some mixed reviews about the area . I was wondering if there is anyone who lives there now (since a lot can change in five years) and how do they like it? Pros and Cons? Or if there is anyone who has suggestions on other apartment complexes in the area.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 04:08 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,447,997 times
If you go up to the top right side of the main screen for this forum, click on "Search this Forum." Then type in Abberly at West Ashley. There have been several threads that talk about this apt. complex....both good and bad. Here's what was posted in one thread...

"Abberly at West Ashley – Interstate on one side, Costco Parking Lot on other side. Lots of traffic noise all around. Huge club house with pool table. Lots of Buildings and Parking lots. 4 levels – elevators. Nice amenities, nice apartments. Ranked very high on liked the apartment, but low on location. Very new. Had an urban feel to them."

Last edited by TealDreamer; 07-21-2013 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: added info

Old 07-21-2013, 04:41 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,505,347 times
I live a few miles south at Woodfield South Point. I almost moved to Abberly but after hearing several bad reviews, I chose where I currently live. Beautiful complex and haven't had one issue since moving here.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
I live a few miles south at Woodfield South Point. I almost moved to Abberly but after hearing several bad reviews, I chose where I currently live. Beautiful complex and haven't had one issue since moving here.
I'm going to check out Woodfield South Point.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
apartmentratings.com -- good place to see what folks are complaining about.....Abberly at West Ashley Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Charleston apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com. Interestingly Woodfield gets a lower rating with fewer reviews (you would expect a higher rating with fewer ratings.).

Good luck.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:15 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,050,343 times
Woodfield South Point is just down the road from me.

I would personally check out Colonial Village at Hampton Point on Sam Rittenburg Blvd.

It's close to the Citadel Mall and really convenient to I-526 and 26, as well as Hwy 17 and 61. They're really nice and I wish we'd moved there into the apartment complex we moved into when we moved down. Not that it matters to us now, we own a home, but still .

Old 07-21-2013, 05:17 PM

Colonial Village. Ok thanks. I've heard of these being mentioned in some past threads on here.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:24 PM

Just throwing this out there...most people that actually take the time to complain on websites have nothing better to do. I will say my biggest complaints are: high rent (but it does include cable/internet), gym and pool area are a little small, and if you are put in a building toward the front of the complex, parking could be an issue. Other than that, I never feel unsafe, it's very quiet, and management is great. I actually never bother with apartmentratings.com and take a look at places and make a call myself. Someone should link that mom/son apartment review thread. That's what made me want to check out Woodfield.

Forgot about one complaint - there is a train. Yes, you do hear it, but it does not blow a horn. I have gotten used to it though and my building is one of the closest to the tracks.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:26 PM

Here you go:

West Ashley Apartments - impressions of a mom and son

Old 07-21-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
Just throwing this out there...most people that actually take the time to complain on websites have nothing better to do. I will say my biggest complaints are: high rent (but it does include cable/internet), gym and pool area are a little small, and if you are put in a building toward the front of the complex, parking could be an issue. Other than that, I never feel unsafe, it's very quiet, and management is great. I actually never bother with apartmentratings.com and take a look at places and make a call myself. Someone should link that mom/son apartment review thread. That's what made me want to check out Woodfield.

Forgot about one complaint - there is a train. Yes, you do hear it, but it does not blow a horn. I have gotten used to it though and my building is one of the closest to the tracks.
Hi PAinSC yes I agree with what you said. I went to apartment ratings.com and they pretty much said the same thing you said. Thank you for also linking that other site about the woman who made reviews of each apartment complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area