Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 08:02 AM

156 posts, read 303,975 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone in he Charleston Area... If you have relocated here from somewhere else and love it please tell me where you live and why it's great! If you've grown up here and love your life here please tell me why it's a great place to live? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 08:40 AM

14,254 posts, read 14,758,164 times
Relocated/retired from Boston MA to Rivertowne (Mount Pleasant) in 2000. Relocated to Columbia SC in 2011 for family reasons. I was happy as a pig in mud in the Charleston area. It had everything I wanted especially year round golf which is critical to me. I do miss it. If raising a family/kiddos then the schools in MTP can not be beaten.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:51 AM

156 posts, read 303,975 times
Thanks johngolf for your input! I'm definitely looking for an area where we can raise a family...is there a good mix of ages in Charleston? We are in our early 30's

Old 02-07-2014, 09:16 AM

3,865 posts, read 4,603,265 times
I live on James Island. Moved here from Boulder CO in '84. I was with my wife (now ex, we're good friends) and 6mo old daughter. We stumbled on a great rental and great group of folks on Folly. I was going to move to Mt Pleasant for the schools except my daughter got accepted into Buist (academic magnet school) She's 30 now and there's lots of folks in their 30's here. In fact I think there is a good mix of ages around. I hadn't thought about it, but that is one thing I like about Charleston. I attended a friends 102nd birthday on Wednesday.

I thought I wasn't going to like Charleston because of the heat. I've gotten used to it and although I always thought of myself as more of a "mountain person", I've learned to love the ocean and all the waterways around Charleston. I've sort of traded hiking for kayaking.
I also love Charleston's size. It seems to have a lot of cultural opportunities for a city this size without all the headaches of one of the truly big cities. There seems to always be some kind of interesting festival going on.

I think it's a great place to raise a family!

Old 02-07-2014, 09:49 AM

686 posts, read 1,102,309 times
MtP for the last year (retired from "up north") and love it here. We rent an apartment just off Johnnie Dodds - this location can't be beat for services like banks, post office, grocery, library, retail, restaurants...MtP is the bomb.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:21 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,506,164 times
I'm originally from Pittsburgh, PA but have lived in SC since 2006. I got my Bachelors at Coastal Carolina (near Myrtle Beach) and also lived in Greenville for a couple years.

I moved to Chas in 1/2013 because when I first discovered the city in 2006, I told myself I would live here one day. I'm big into the the Victorian era and the surrounding scenary is so beautiful.

Over this past weekend, we moved from West Ashley to MP. I'm in love with the convenience of this part of town.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:08 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,051,017 times
Hubs and I relocated to West Ashley from Florence, SC in 2012. We met there in college, and when he got a programming job here, we moved down.

We love the Charleston area, and we love living in West Ashley. All the areas of Charleston are great, they each have their own personality and character, but West Ashley was just right for us, our needs, and our price range.

And IMHO... West Ashley has the best restaurants too . Early Bird Diner, Zen Asian Fusion, Bluerose Cafe, Angel Oak, lots of deliciousness.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:29 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,320,731 times
I'm from Rochester, NY and LOVE IT HERE!

Old 02-08-2014, 05:56 AM

662 posts, read 1,411,667 times
I live in Summerville And Love The Whole area. I was raised in New England.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:27 AM

207 posts, read 445,647 times
From New England originally. Moved here from Charlotte nc 2 years ago. Love it here, beautiful scenery, lots to do and friendly people. We live in Summerville and we love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area