Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 11:41 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,956,010 times

Advertisements

Whatever happened to the business Journals list of construction in the area for a particular season?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 11:45 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,316,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
Whatever happened to the business Journals list of construction in the area for a particular season?
This?

Charleston Regional Business Journal | Charleston, SC

Old 05-28-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
No Charleston Regional Business Journal | Charleston, SC
that but they haven't had one in awhile

Anyone have an idea on what they are doing to that old abandoned building between the Bee Street Garage and the Medical University garage, they tore it down but i imagine they will put something in its place.....

Also what are they building in front of the Aquarium, i'm thinking thats the African-American history museum but i thought they hadn't funded it yet.

Last edited by Ledmonkey; 05-28-2014 at 12:42 PM..

Old 05-28-2014, 02:29 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,237,897 times
A couple years ago they were going to redo the Cigar Factory into Lofts...what happened w/ that project?

Also, what happened to Noisette and Magnolia?...those 2 were supposed to be huge mixed use developments on each side of the neck...Noisette was going to be in part of the old Naval Base in N Charleston and Magnolia was below Cosgrove I believe...in the old industrial area on the Ashley that is pretty barren...they built a new bridge over there because they were going to connect 2 areas over the marsh...was going to have several parks, office space, retail space and hundreds of condos apartments and even SFHs I thought

Old 05-28-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
A couple years ago they were going to redo the Cigar Factory into Lofts...what happened w/ that project?

Also, what happened to Noisette and Magnolia?...those 2 were supposed to be huge mixed use developments on each side of the neck...Noisette was going to be in part of the old Naval Base in N Charleston and Magnolia was below Cosgrove I believe...in the old industrial area on the Ashley that is pretty barren...they built a new bridge over there because they were going to connect 2 areas over the marsh...was going to have several parks, office space, retail space and hundreds of condos apartments and even SFHs I thought
Cigar Factory got some life breathed into it recently http://www.charlestonbusiness.com/ne...-cigar-factory
Noisette has floundered a bit but still some going on http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/c...nt?oid=4608359
I think the Magnolia project has been completely floored, nothing on it since 08'

Old 05-28-2014, 02:50 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,237,897 times
Quote:
Cigar Factory got some life breathed into it recently Charleston Regional Business Journal | Charleston, SC
Noisette has floundered a bit but still some going on Noisette Co. challenges North Charleston over Navy Yard deal | Features | Charleston City Paper
I think the Magnolia project has been completely floored, nothing on it since 08'

That's too bad about the Magnolia project...that would have totally changed the entrance on I 26 into Charleston...it's so dead after you pass Montague until you get near downtown...

Glad that the Cigar Factory is going forward again...that can help trigger some more gentrification in that area. Could be a very cool building...I lived in an old warehouse converted to apt lofts in Cleveland, OH (Look up Bridgeview)...the exposed brick type walls always look so cool in places like that.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:56 PM

I think courier square will have a bigger effect on that area.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:58 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,316,197 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
That's too bad about the Magnolia project...that would have totally changed the entrance on I 26 into Charleston...it's so dead after you pass Montague until you get near downtown...
Reclaiming the Neck, again; Ashley River waterfront gets a second look from MeadWestvaco – The Post and Courier

Old 05-28-2014, 03:03 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,610 times
Saw a person comment in the recent City Paper. They said that huge vacant, ugly area off I-26 between Cosgrove and downtown that borders the Ashley River, whatever development they have for it, should be scrapped. It should ALL be made into parking. Multiple large parking garages. Thousands of spaces.

Then, built a mini-light rail train from that lot, parallel to 26, into downtown, and back. The train would transport all those people to downtown, and all those cars wouldn't be there. Then, they can close the main touristy areas to cars and make it pedestrian only, like the Market, King's shopping area, Meeting. Redo the streets into the traditional cobblestone. Have street festivals. Allow bikes. It would be a wonderful change.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:06 PM

Nice, also my grand father is at the Psychiatric place near the Ashley River Center, last time we went to take him out to eat I noticed that they were rebuilding an overpass, well doubling it from 2 lanes to 4 lanes between the King St. Extension and Rivers Ave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area