Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2014, 01:58 PM

16 posts, read 26,181 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am from DC looking to move to either Charleston SC and Raleigh, NC. Cost of living seems to be a bit higher in Charleston, SC, but there also seems to be more to do.

I am curious though, how is the dating life in Charleston for single females. I am a 31 year old single female, looking to move south. Are there single men in the Charleston area or is it all college students and tourists? I have a coworker from there and she said it is mostly a female area? Is that still the case?

That is the kind of information I cannot find on the cost of living comparison calculators! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 02:33 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,607,521 times
Actually you can find that kind of information on this site. Below is a clip from an earlier post I made for someone else asking the same question. You can search the demographics based on zip code and the two zips linked below are for the downtown area. As you can see it's a much heavier female population in the college age range but pretty much evens out by the 30's age range.

It depends on what age range you look at for the demographics. The College of Charleston leans heavily toward the female population (I don't know why this is) but in other ages it's much more equal. Look at the chart on this page from the city-data site:
http://www.city-data.com/zips/29401.html
That's for the 29401 zip which is for the lower Charleston Peninsula which includes the College of Charleston.

This is for the 29403 section of the peninsula which includes upper King St and is where you'd be more likely to live if you choose to live downtown.
http://www.city-data.com/zips/29403.html

I have a brother who has lived in the Raleigh area (Durham) for some years. He loves coming down to the beaches!

Old 05-01-2014, 11:14 AM

5 posts, read 4,176 times
Hi - I think it depends on where you get plugged in. What types of activities are you interested in? If you like Art, dancing, tennis, etc - those are activities which are diverse for male or female. This would be the case no matter which location you live. I love living here. I was born and raised in SC but moved to Charleston in October 2013 - meet someone the first month. Nice guy and so things are good. Good luck with your move. Let me know if I can help you. : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area