Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2007, 03:52 AM

8 posts, read 23,788 times

Advertisements

We were hoping that our 21 year old son would complete his 4 year degree at Coastal Carolina University before we moved from the Grand Strand to Charleston. He's a junior who's changing majors possibly again. He's a very good student but probably will end up with a liberal arts degree. What options would he have in Charleston to complete his degree? We're hoping that he could find a university that would be somewhat comparable to CCU as far as what is offered, size, and possibly accepting most of his credits earned at CCU (my grandfather was a college professor, and I know that some universities were much more cooperative with transfering students than others!). Thanks for any suggestions or comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 06:00 AM

10,024 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Did you look into The College of Charleston? It's a very highly regarded liberal arts school, and since it is also a state college like CCU, he should be able to transfer there.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:17 PM

899 posts, read 3,491,814 times
Also check with Trident College here, I think he may be able to transfer credits more easily.

My sources tell me that College of Charleston is tougher than CCU. But that was just their opinion as transfers.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:33 PM

190 posts, read 743,189 times
C of C is a great liberal arts college. My hubby transferred credits there and didn't have any issues.
Trident is more of a technical college, not liberal arts.
I know nothing of CCU to compare them, sorry.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:14 PM

99 posts, read 354,969 times
Charleston Southern University could be an option.

COFC is the toughest school in the region and plans to make it tougher. No grade forgivness or anything like that.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:39 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,876,121 times
I attend Charleston Southern's Criminal Justice program (part time) which gives me some flexibility to work full time. The CJP has affiliations to CCU & Horry-Georgetown Tech also. They have a good mix of classroom, on-line & accelerated courses. I have heard good things about the Business program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area