Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 08:20 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,959,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
ewwww!!
It's also nice to have a choice of beer that is not Dos Equis or Corona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 02:05 AM

5,725 posts, read 4,705,104 times
Carmen y Juan. Near you as a matter of fact. Mexican food made by, gasp!, Mexicans.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:46 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,438,122 times
Quote:
Why do chain Mexican when there are real Mexican places?
It is not Mexican, I don't go to Mexican restaurants. It is tex-mex, and all the employees are American. Very different. The atmosphere is very, very cool, that makes the difference, and the food is very good too.

Mexican restaurants, which I choose not to go to, have many undocumented workers, are unhealthy , and almost all the employees are illegal aliens.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
Mexican restaurants, which I choose not to go to, have many undocumented workers, are unhealthy , and almost all the employees are illegal aliens.
This comment is so absurd, it could almost be laughable. But I think you really believe it.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Carmen y Juan. Near you as a matter of fact. Mexican food made by, gasp!, Mexicans.
So non-Mexicans can't make burritos? Do you only buy pizzas from Italians?

Old 06-13-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
So non-Mexicans can't make burritos? Do you only buy pizzas from Italians?
I prefer to buy my ethnic food made by people from those countries, if available. And I'll always prefer a non-chain restaurant over any chain.

And American pizza, just like Tex-Mex food, is nothing like the original.

EDIT TO ADD: I never said that I would limit purveyors of food to those of the ethnicity. After re-reading your post, I saw what you tried to do. Not gonna play that game. Talk about what I write, not what you want it to say.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
It is not Mexican, I don't go to Mexican restaurants. It is tex-mex, and all the employees are American. Very different. The atmosphere is very, very cool, that makes the difference, and the food is very good too.

Undocumented? Well that would make their Mexican food even more legit.

I wouldn't categorize Tijana Flats as a healthy alernative to ethnic Mexican food. A fried Megajuana is no salad.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
I prefer to buy my ethnic food made by people from those countries, if available. And I'll always prefer a non-chain restaurant over any chain.

And American pizza, just like Tex-Mex food, is nothing like the original.

EDIT TO ADD: I never said that I would limit purveyors of food to those of the ethnicity. After re-reading your post, I saw what you tried to do. Not gonna play that game. Talk about what I write, not what you want it to say.
Just trying to keep you politically correct.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Just trying to keep you politically correct.
Thank you for suffering for my well-being. It doesn't go unnoticed.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:22 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,283,582 times
Quote:
I think they are from California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area