Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 05:28 PM

6 posts, read 25,310 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to get some quick opinions. Is anyone familiar with Paces Watch and Runaway Bay? I am trying to choose between these two apartment complexes and can't seem to make up my mind. Apartment ratings are never helpful - they don't seem real half the time.

Or does anyone suggest James Island vs. Mt Pleasant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 06:23 AM

6 posts, read 25,310 times
anyone?

Old 01-03-2008, 07:23 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,777,461 times
I have never lived in either apartment complex but both appear to be quite nice and are conveniently located. I am partial to Mt. Pleasant compared to James Island although it is a personal opinion and you should get a feel for both communities from comments made on this forum.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:56 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
I've enver lived in either but have been in both. I think it's personal preference. They both have a good location and seem nice.

I've lived on James Island and Mt. Pleasant. My preference is James Island, but again, this is completely personal opinion. I enjoyed Mt. Pleasant as well.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:41 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,765,677 times
I'm not familar with either apartment complex, but I am partial to James Island. Friendly, small-town atmosphere (within a year you'll run into someone you know just about anywhere you go), diverse (people from all walks of life), less spread out and less traffic than Mt. P. I teach on James Island and lived there for 11 years (before moving out to the country) so I know the area well.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:46 PM

37 posts, read 196,560 times
Mt Pleasant is newer, cleaner, and more upscale than James Island (Whole Foods Market, Belk, etc).

As far as the apartments go, I haven't seen either. But I'd also recommend looking for a nice condo for rent on Craigslist. Would you rather live among renters or owners?

Old 01-06-2008, 06:34 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,765,677 times
According to Geraldz: "Mt Pleasant is newer, cleaner, and more upscale than James Island "

Definitely a matter of opinion....to each his own..

Old 01-07-2008, 03:51 PM

330 posts, read 1,197,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldz View Post
Mt Pleasant is newer, cleaner, and more upscale than James Island (Whole Foods Market, Belk, etc).
This comment perfectly encapsulates why we chose to relocate to Summerville instead of Mt Pleasant.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:52 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
I'm going to sound like a broken record........but here goes.

For those moving to Charleston, Summerville is a wonderful option for living. It has everything a family could need and more, except if you have to commute to Charleston on a daily basis. Some of you have heard this story so please bear with me....the morning and afternoon commute is horrific. My husband's office is right downtown and he is so frustrated. We are a tad dissapointed because we had our hearts set on The Ponds. My husband moved to Summerville and within two days decided against the area. He is right off the highway right now so it takes him literally two minutes to get on the highway but it takes him a minimum of an hour to get into work every day. Many of the subdivisions mentioned here are not that close to the highway so add more time for that. My husband has tried changing up the times but short of going in at dawn and leaving work at 8:00 pm he says he has found no great time. I'm dissappointed I was excited about the Summerville option.

We never thought the traffic conditions would be such an issue and would have never known how bad it was if it wasn't for the fact that my husband chose to live out there. I'm so glad because he had contemplated living in the city until we made our final move to Charleston.

Now for some -- no big deal. They are already commuting at dawn and are use to this kind of situation. My husband wasn't and isn't prepared to move to a smaller city to spend extra time commuting.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:27 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,682,160 times
Traffic is getting worse on I-26 every year and as more and more developments are built....Cane Bay, other's around it and those in S'Ville....it's going to get worse every year. I work downtown and leave my house in Goose Creek around 6:15-20 and it takes me 40-45 minutes to get to work. Tues. there was a wreck and it took me over an hour to get to work. I hope within the next year I won't be working downtown.

I know some say I haven't seen traffic until I go to NY or Washington but I've lived here all of my life and I've seen it increase 200%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area