Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 02:38 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,447,997 times

Advertisements

Summerville is really really bad, compared to what it used to be...

That is exactly what I was trying to convey in another thread, and my "used to be" is only a couple of years.

...compared to Atlanta or Jacksonville...it doesn't even remotely compare to either of those places

But Summerville is also much smaller than either of those two places...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 07:13 AM

606 posts, read 730,728 times
Its the price we pay for those LOW LOW taxes everyone is so excited about when they move from up north to South Carolina!

The tax rates here would be fine if there was no growth. New and expanding existing roads cost a lot of money. Everyone wants new roads but they complain about paying higher gas taxes.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:00 PM

606 posts, read 730,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
The plan is a 50 ft bridge. It's a head scratcher because there's not any boats (currently) north of the bridge that need anything that tall.
I'm hoping that a Reds or someone else puts a couple bars right there on the water. Need someplace close by that I can walk/ride bike to for libations.
The existing "swing bridge" has been welded shut for a very long time (since Hugo?). Any tall boats north were moved down river before the swing bridge broke. A taller bridge will allow for commercial boats and fishing/sailboats up to 40-50' in length to pass under the bridge.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:05 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,655,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
look at Main Rd on the way to Johns Island lately? they filled in and are building on many acres that used to be marsh now, where those condo's are going up all by Gilligans used to be marsh with much of it actually under water... although we as citizens can't, it seems the powers to be will build anywhere they want
Speaking of Main Road. What about that new intersection at Main Road and U.S. 17. Is that going to be built any time soon?

Old 04-23-2015, 06:06 AM

657 posts, read 739,084 times
In relation to this thread, Clements Ferry seems to be worse in the last month or so too. I go up 41 and then towards 526 on clements ferry most days, and it seems to be backed up further and further each day.

On a side note, be careful out there. Was following a car on CF last night at 7 who ran off the right side of the road (happened in front of Peninsula), struck a tree, and flipped over. Luckily the occupant was "Ok" for the circumstances, but geez.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:54 AM

160 posts, read 534,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEB1786 View Post
In relation to this thread, Clements Ferry seems to be worse in the last month or so too. I go up 41 and then towards 526 on clements ferry most days, and it seems to be backed up further and further each day.

On a side note, be careful out there. Was following a car on CF last night at 7 who ran off the right side of the road (happened in front of Peninsula), struck a tree, and flipped over. Luckily the occupant was "Ok" for the circumstances, but geez.
A little difficult to drink, text and drive.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:32 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,451,557 times
Speaking of roads, what have they been doing at Folly for what seems forever? Are they adding lanes? (Which I hope), or are they just replacing the current bridge and road with a new one?

And are there any plans to widen the connectors to Sully's and IOP. And can someone please explain to me why IOP is the only one with barriers? Driving off the road into the water is a legit fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area