Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 12:26 PM

635 posts, read 757,863 times

Advertisements

I know the Chas area fairly well. Obviously, MP would be the best choice for my question. However, it is not doable at this moment. I will be living on my own and I'm trying to spend no more than $900/month. I loathe traffic and I know 526 can be a bear. Im trying to look at apartments right off of 526, but then I see they are located near Ashley River Rd and that can get congested. Are there any around N Charleston exits? Or even downtown Charleston?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 09:16 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,308,304 times
There's a new development under construction behind the Tanger Outlet stores parallel to I526; just behind Field & Stream; near Strayer University building & Trident RE building. Seems they're perfect location for shopping & casual eats as well as the airport & convention center.
They may be 2-3 months from completion/renting. Sorry, I don't know the price range. But they seem ideal for a commute to DI & a young person' s lifestyle,

Old 07-05-2016, 08:17 AM

3,595 posts, read 4,378,712 times
Mount Pleasant Apartments Near Boeing | Edgewater Plantation Apartment Homes

Old 07-05-2016, 08:21 AM

657 posts, read 742,744 times
Are you completely against a roomate? If I worked on DI I would want to live on DI or right outside of it, no question. The 526 to 26 traffic is terrible at 5.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:37 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,801,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post
I know the Chas area fairly well. Obviously, MP would be the best choice for my question. However, it is not doable at this moment. I will be living on my own and I'm trying to spend no more than $900/month. I loathe traffic and I know 526 can be a bear. Im trying to look at apartments right off of 526, but then I see they are located near Ashley River Rd and that can get congested. Are there any around N Charleston exits? Or even downtown Charleston?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Daniel Island or Mount Pleasant.

I did the commute from North Charleston to Daniel Island every day and it was miserable. I would not recommend it unless you have a high tolerance for sitting in traffic.

Going from N. Charleston to Daniel Island isn't bad. It's the trip home that's awful. Basically what happens is the container truck traffic from the ports will back up from the I-26/526 interchange all the way to Daniel Island, and just sit there at a standstill. Some days it would take me 30-45 minutes to travel 7 miles across the river.

Last edited by le roi; 07-05-2016 at 08:46 AM..

Old 07-05-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEB1786 View Post
Are you completely against a roomate? If I worked on DI I would want to live on DI or right outside of it, no question. The 526 to 26 traffic is terrible at 5.
The thing I don't like is the price you pay for a roommate in MP, you can get an apartment by yourself in West Ashley. And in most cases, you are living with two roommates.

I saw apartments downtown, but two are classified as student housing. It sucks because they look very cool. Has anyone heard of Palace Apartments in downtown? I was also contemplating maybe getting a studio, as I'm not a huge cook.

Is Hanahan bad? A few weeks ago, I saw some condos in Park West going for $850-$900. They get snatched so quick.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Status: "Without data, it's just an opinion." (set 17 days ago)

5,768 posts, read 4,759,936 times
Quote:
Is Hanahan bad? A few weeks ago, I saw some condos in Park West going for $850-$900. They get snatched so quick.
If you saw those on CL or Zillow, they are probably fake.

Hanahan, especially at Tanner Ford, is a pretty decent area. Prices are good, but traffic might be a pain.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:48 AM

1,220 posts, read 1,430,633 times
Quote:
The thing I don't like is the price you pay for a roommate in MP, you can get an apartment by yourself in West Ashley. And in most cases, you are living with two roommates.

I saw apartments downtown, but two are classified as student housing. It sucks because they look very cool. Has anyone heard of Palace Apartments in downtown? I was also contemplating maybe getting a studio, as I'm not a huge cook.

Hanahan.... especially the area already mentioned... might work...with any luck, you may be able to find a FROG on Daniel Island... for slightly more than what youre currently budgeting... theres also a brand new development off Clements Ferry Road .. 5 minutes .. no highway ... from DI.. think its called Cooper River estates (?)... a friend of mines daughter...she also works on DI... just got an apt there ...with two months free rent ...I don't know how big but I think she took a 2 year lease ...right on the river ... lots of amenities... certainly worth checking out...

Old 07-05-2016, 12:28 PM

1,669 posts, read 2,253,456 times
Your choice is not easy. Either get a roommate to live on DI or MtP or suffer the consequences of gridlock from West Ash, NChas, Summerville. I'd get a roommate if I were you.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
Your choice is not easy. Either get a roommate to live on DI or MtP or suffer the consequences of gridlock from West Ash, NChas, Summerville. I'd get a roommate if I were you.
You know what sucks? There's hardly any roommate openings in MP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area