Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 03:52 PM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times

Advertisements

CofC students are as likely to commit crimes as be the victims. If your daughter keeps her nose clean she should be fairly safe. And it is important for females to have a buddy system if they hit college parties. That is true on every campus. Similarly no community is perfect. When I was at Clemson (in the sticks with no urban area within 1/2 hour) we had a girl raped & murdered by an ex con from Tennessee who had basically driven all night looking for a victim.

The campus itself will be safe since there is an emphasis on surveillance. And My understanding is that its usually students wanting to move off campus as opposed to getting booted off. CofC attracts a lot of wealthy kids who either don't want the on campus rules or want nicer housing than what a public school can validate providing. There are literally kids moving into $1000 per room per month complexes downtown and others whose parents buy 500-600k houses for them to live in while in college. There was no way CofC was going to keep that particular subset on campus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 06:28 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,212,411 times
Gosh I do remember the expense.Housing at CoC was more expensive than we paid for our other daughter at Furman.If I remember, in 2010, the last year she lived on campus was $800 a month for the nice new student housing on George Street across from the Sottile Theater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area