Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 03:44 AM

77 posts, read 254,288 times

Advertisements

We liked Pinopolis, but we were wondering if anyone had info on the town of Moncks Corner. Specifically, are there plans to improve the Main St? What about crime? Would Pinopolis be a smart area to buy in? Is resale good? What about St John's Christian academy?
Any and all info would be helpful! thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 03:37 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,681,701 times
I lived in Monck Corner for 7 yrs and felt very safe. I haven't heard of any plans to improve Main St.. The updating area seems to be right around where the new Walmart was built. All of that new construction used to be woods. Pinopolis is a nice area especially if you could get a place on the water or waterview. The resale has been good in the past. I'm not sure about the last couple of year's though.

One friend of mine has a daughter that is a senior there and it's the only school she's gone to. A coworker of mine, her daughter went there up until the 8th grade but decided she wanted to switch to Berkeley High for her high school year's. Both parents highly recommend it.

Moncks Corner (broken link)

Old 02-24-2008, 05:36 PM

thanks, luvsdabeach,
Do you know if they are planning on putting more stores in the area? why did you move away from Moncks Corner? It seems to be a pretty small town. Are they welcoming to northerners?
Thanks for your help!

Old 02-24-2008, 07:42 PM

The only thing I've heard coming to MC is a Chick-fil-a but I will ask the girl I work with on Tues. to see if she's heard anything. We lived in Fairlawn Barony in the newer section but decided to move further in the country about 15 miles from MC. Then decided country life wasn't for us and ended up in Goose Creek, which is closer to where I grew up.

MC is a small town. You have lots of native's that have lived there for generations. Everyone I came in contact with were very nice and always willing to help someone out. I think they are welcoming as long as someone doesn't come in to try to change things. I believe some are resistant to change. Mostly the older people but I think that could be said anywhere. My dad is a good example of that. lol

A couple other subdivisions you might want to check out is Stoney Landing and Sterling Oaks as well as Fairlawn Barony. All three are side by side on the Rembert Dennis Blvd. in Moncks Corner.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:58 AM

thanks again, luvsdabeach,
any hope of a starbucks or dunkin donuts coming to MC? We actually looked at Sterling Oaks and saw a house we liked there. In your opinion, which is a better area: Pinopolis or Sterling Oaks?
thanks!

Old 02-25-2008, 07:28 PM

I would be surprised if you see a Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts in MC in the next year, but who knows. We are just getting on here in Goose Creek which is 15 miles from MC going towards Charleston. Most of the Dunkin Donuts I've seen have been inside of convenience stores but there is a stand alone one on Hwy 78 across from Charleston Southern University.

My opinion I like Pinopolis better but the two area's are different so it's all in what you are looking for. Pinopolis is more like a quiet community and you have to drive a few miles to get to stores. Keep in mind with Berkeley High and St John's close by you will have school traffic and football games in the fall. Sterling Oaks is closer to stores and it's a subdivision. I hope I explained it well. lol

Old 01-20-2009, 03:43 PM

7 posts, read 28,970 times
Luvsdabeach i'm new to this site so i'm not sure how everything works but i think i sent a friend request to you lol i just wanted to let you know that you give great advise and great information on Moncks Corner which is where we're planing on relocating to hopefully very soon. Charliegirl thanks for asking a question that helped me out as well. I'm pretty much looking up anything on this site about Moncks Corner and or Moss Grove plantation which is where we're looking to buy. Luvsdabeach do you happen to know anything good or bad about Moss Grove Plantation? and thanks for the info on Berkley HS.

Thanks

Old 01-20-2009, 08:08 PM

Thanks!
I have heard nothing but good things from people that live in there. If you are looking for a laid back lifestyle you have picked the right town. You will be close to the lake also. Lots of good fish in there.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:21 AM

Hey Damaris1o1,
I just saw your post. I ended up moving into Moss Grove. We really like it! I, too, looked at everything I could find about Moncks Corner. Being in Moss Grove, you kind of feel like you are set apart in your own little community, but still close to shopping.
We have been here over 6 months. My kids love the pool and little playground. I looked at other new subdivisions around here, and Moss Grove is by far the best one. They do a really nice job keeping the grounds nice, people are friendly, etc...
My kids go to St. Johns Christian Academy. They all love it. Don't know too much about Berkeley HS. It is just down the road from St. John's. I can ask around for you.
Let me know if I can help in any way! Where are you moving from?

Old 01-21-2009, 07:59 AM

A friend on mine's daughter decided after going to St Johns for the first eight years she wanted to go to Berkeley for high school. It was an adjustment going from a small private school to a large public school but she is doing just fine and loves it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area