Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2006, 07:20 AM

36 posts, read 196,082 times

Advertisements

Considering a move to the Mt. Pleasant area and have 2 young children. Wanted to know about traffic and the morning drive to downtown as well as opinions about schools in Mt. Pleasant.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2006, 07:32 AM

291 posts, read 1,782,305 times
Schools from what I understand are very good. There can be a lot of traffic.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,711 times
Hello, I am from Northern Idaho. Me and my family would like a change from the sunless bitter cold days. The summers here are nice, but everything here is getting very repetitive. We want a change. We are thinking of moving to Mt. Pleasant because the schools are nice and there are very sunny days. I was just wondering how bad the bugs are over there? are they a nuisance? I am also wondering if the humidity is bad? does it effect everyday life or not? So far Mt. Pleasant seems like a Mt. Pleasant or a utopia. just the bugs and humidity might affect or considerations of this area. please respond. thank you .

Old 01-20-2009, 09:51 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,021,264 times
Bugs and humidity run hand-in-hand, and some parts of Mt. Pleasant fare better than others with regards to mosquitos and gnats. You'll get use to the humidity (thankfully) and screened in porches/bug spray pretty much eradicate the flying insect woes. You'd certainly do well to keep looking in Mt. Pleasant, and be sure to arrange a trip during warmer weather to get a feel for it yourself.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:02 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,960,957 times
You won't get away from bugs and humidity in the coastal areas of the southern United States. It's just a way of life.

So yes, there are bugs and with all this water surrounding the area there is high humidity. As suggested above...pay the area a visit in the warmer months.

Good luck!

Old 01-21-2009, 10:16 AM

84 posts, read 242,050 times
We are also considering a move to Mt. Pleasant from New England. We have been there to visit several times and the weather has been great. I would imagine you have bugs etc. as you would in any warm/sometimes humid climate. I have heard that there is a lot of traffic on 17 in Mt. Pleasant, but I can't imagine it can be worse than Boston traffic. I didn't experience it when I was there (that is not to say it doesn't exist...I'm sure that there are times of traffic). I think you have to weigh the pros/cons like anything else.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:44 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,334,527 times
I used to fly into RI airport and drive into Mass. just to avoid Boston traffic.

Ours is nothing like that here, we do have some hair raising days, or hair pulling days....

Old 01-21-2009, 11:43 AM

308 posts, read 1,042,083 times
As for traffic on 17 in Mt P, in the summer when school is not in session, it's not bad at all IMO. The tough part is having only one way to get from one point to another (Hwy 17) with no side streets, cut-throughs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area