Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 07:35 AM

416 posts, read 1,633,979 times

Advertisements

i am not sure whay you are even talking about. it's quite ridicoulus. we stood on the dock, as the captian decided to board and peole began to get on the boat. as i mentioned originally we choose not to ( but for some reason you keep overl looking this..) we choose not to go out because of the sky and the approaching storm. others followed suit until everyone decided to get off or not board as it began to rain. the boat never left despite the captain wanting to go since everyone could see the storm coming and did not want to risk it. the captain said it was moving away and they would be fine to go out, that it was moving north. but then 10 minutes later, it was a serious thunderstorm and did not move away. not for hours. he was wrong. of course i am glad my child was not out on a boat during a thunderstorm...for any amount of time.
this is my experience, and it did happen exactly this way. who on earth are you to say otherwise. i am not sure what affiliation you have with thriller. but i guess it doens't matter. the owners themselves were very polite and kind to us. bbut the owner was not even there. she had nothing to do with it. based on the captians poor judgement of weather... all i stated was i am not sure i would be comfortable going out with them after this experience again, especially when there are so many other tour companies out there to choose from. i was not trying to start an arguement or be rude to other people as you seem to be looking for... i just wanted to let others know how our personal account went with thriller. of course i wish it was different, we had high hopes for the trip after hearing about it everywhere.....

Last edited by wildwoodflower; 07-30-2009 at 07:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 03:45 PM

92 posts, read 264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
First of all, I have not accused anyone of anything here.

What has happened here is accusations are being made on something that simply did not happen. The boat never left the dock. No one was ever put
in harms way. What did happen is the boat was boarding for a tour, these particular passengers chose to board and then want to make these accusations about something that never happened. These claims are very dramatic.

Bottom line....

like someone posted just yesterday, you can't argue against the facts.
Your first reply to wildwood was to dismiss her experience (and to accuse her of being dramatic). Yes, no one was put in harms way because the passengers decided to de-board the boat. If wildwood's accounts are correct, the captain misjudged the direction of the storm and the boat could have been stuck in a thunderstorm.

For a one-time customer, you have a lot loyalty to protecting the company. The cynical part of me would guess that you have some affiliation with them. Maybe I should stop replying because any advertisement is good advertisement.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:23 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,525,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guttata View Post
Your first reply to wildwood was to dismiss her experience (and to accuse her of being dramatic). Yes, no one was put in harms way because the passengers decided to de-board the boat. If wildwood's accounts are correct, the captain misjudged the direction of the storm and the boat could have been stuck in a thunderstorm.

For a one-time customer, you have a lot loyalty to protecting the company. The cynical part of me would guess that you have some affiliation with them. Maybe I should stop replying because any advertisement is good advertisement.

Again, I will say to you that I do believe that she is being dramatic. That is more than obvious. Nor do I believe what she said to be true.

I have no affiliation with the boat and have no reason whatsoever to promote them. I have no reason to protect them, for that matter they do not need my protection. If anyone really did their homework then they would in fact know they do just fine. But, the fact still remains someone comes on a message board makes awful allegations and accusations for something that did NOT happen. That is just not the appropriate thing to do. If I were a betting person, I would bet you that had the weather been that bad it never would have left the dock. I also would bet you that if you picked up the phone and called the owners you would find out that this is not how the Captain operates. And that is the bottom line.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:57 PM

the boat did never leave the dock.... cause all the passangers decided to ask for refunds or reschedule instead of going. what reason do i have to " be dramatic"? we were really excited about going, in fact i discussed it on here before i even bought tickets. spoke with them on the phone several times, looked forward to it. was bummed how it went, pretty surprised. mostly bothered cause my child was goign to go along and the thought of him being in a dangerous situation well, is bothersome, lol. do i wish it went a different way? of course? do i feel like debating my experience with you? not really... you don't even seem to actually be reading what i wrote. glad you had a great experience, mine was not... as most companies go...there are bound to be ups and downs frm customers. relax.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:38 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,001,015 times
I'm sure some have NOT heard this story yet.

Coast Guard Boat / Thriller Charleston Crash|ABC News 4 (http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/1209/684791.html - broken link)

Old 12-07-2009, 07:09 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,615,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
I'm sure some have NOT heard this story yet.

Coast Guard Boat / Thriller Charleston Crash|ABC News 4 (http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/1209/684791.html - broken link)
I was just getting ready to post about this also. Scary. Makes me wonder what the hell happened out there.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:42 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,338,201 times
From what I heard on the radio is that the Shallow water sailors hit the Thriller. The skipper of the Thiller tried to avoid the collision but was clipped by the 25' coasty......

Old 12-07-2009, 11:29 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,615,471 times
lol at shallow water sailors.....

Old 12-07-2009, 11:39 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,338,201 times
That is what us Deep water guys call them...

Old 12-07-2009, 06:01 PM

ha......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area