Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2009, 11:15 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,778,045 times

Advertisements

Here is a new hd video of the Mt. Pleasant Town Center, one of the many shopping venues in the town. (Here is a link to a directory of the shops in the town center) I have posted a number of photos of the town center previously. However, as I have commented upon recently, video communicates so much more by capturing the surroundings of the subject matter as well as providing a wider perspective of the area photographed in terms of the surrounding area as well as time. In working with out of town clients who are considering relocating to the Charleston area, I think a Realtor should stress that the clients need to feel comfortable in a certain geographic area as well as housing community/subdivision, rather than initially putting too much emphasis on the potential home(s) right from start. Nothing beats visiting the different Charleston area communities to get a feel for whether you might be happy there. By doing so you have an opportunity to visit the various subdivisions, see what you get for your dollar, get a feel for the local residents and the interaction between them and develop a "gut" feeling for whether certain "trade-offs" in terms of price and location are worth selecting one location over the other. Videos certainly do not take the place of a visit, but do help out of town families and individuals focus in on areas that may warrant further investigation. There are many housing and community options in the Charleston area. As I have suggested so many times before on this forum, why don't all the other Realtors on this forum post photos and videos of the neighborhoods and attractions in their market territory to help make this Charleston area forum the most informative on the internet.

YouTube - Mount Pleasant Town Center

Click on the link for a full screen hd video capability.

Last edited by USCJoe; 09-20-2009 at 11:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 11:45 AM

8 posts, read 15,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCJoe View Post
As I have suggested so many times before on this forum, why don't all the other Realtors on this forum post photos and videos of the neighborhoods and attractions in their market territory to help make this Charleston area forum the most informative on the internet.

YouTube - Mount Pleasant Town Center

Click on the link for a full screen hd video capability.
For me personally, I'm hoping that other Realtors are spending there time a little more wisely than making video's and uploading them without the consent of the visitors involved. I thought it was a little weird that I received a call a few weeks back from one of my close friends saying they saw us (my family) online in a CityData video

Not certain what CityData was, I searched these threads and SURE enough, there we are. There are too many weirdo's circulating and I am just not comfortable showing off my wife & kids AND the vehicle we got in/out of. I hope you understand where I am coming from on this. Please respect my privacy. Would it be asking to much that administrators consider removing some of these video's?

Taking the advise from this poster "why don't all the other Realtors on this forum post photos and videos of the neighborhoods " I would ask of them, to please NOT.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:01 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,778,045 times
As a Realtor with 15 years of experience and one who generally works 7 days a week, I don't think that the time I spend taking informative still photos and videos will detract from the time I should be spending on other real estate matters. Over the years, many of my clients have commented that the information and photographic coverage I have provided on my web site had been extremely valuable to them in narrowing down potential areas in which to relocate. As a licensed attorney for almost 40 years and retired FBI Agent, the last thing I would ever do would be to infringe upon the privacy of an individual in any way. With today's technological advances in photographic and video devices, there are thousands of amateurs as well as semi-professionals taking videos of the public every day. Reportedly, there are 20 hours of youtube video uploaded every minute of the day. This is in addition to videos uploaded to other video services. You are certainly correct that there are many "weirdos" in the world. However, if one is concerned about being seen in public, I would recommend that they not leave their home as these "weirdos" do go out in public and are found in any state, city, community and local attraction and venue. However, all this being said, I will be glad to remove any video or section of video in which you or any forum member appears, as long as you or others identify the video and section of video and the date the video was taken. However, I think it would be unreasonable if not a dangerous precedent to suggest that videos or photos taken in public be censored because of an individual's personal desire.

As an aside, would you recommend that a photo like "V-Day In Times Square" not be published because the photographer Alfred Eisenstaedt took a photo of identifiable people in public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the~x~factor View Post
For me personally, I'm hoping that other Realtors are spending there time a little more wisely than making video's and uploading them without the consent of the visitors involved. I thought it was a little weird that I received a call a few weeks back from one of my close friends saying they saw us (my family) online in a CityData video

Not certain what CityData was, I searched these threads and SURE enough, there we are. There are too many weirdo's circulating and I am just not comfortable showing off my wife & kids AND the vehicle we got in/out of. I hope you understand where I am coming from on this. Please respect my privacy. Would it be asking to much that administrators consider removing some of these video's?

Taking the advise from this poster "why don't all the other Realtors on this forum post photos and videos of the neighborhoods " I would ask of them, to please NOT.

Last edited by USCJoe; 09-21-2009 at 01:31 PM..

Old 09-21-2009, 07:07 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,246,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the~x~factor View Post

Wow, paranoid much...your fair game for the cameras out in public...do you worry about the video cameras in banks, stores, and looking over the hwys or anything else when you go out...videos like what USCJoe put up are very helpful to many people...keep up the good work Joe...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area