Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 07:38 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,020,096 times

Advertisements

Boeing is already here, in one form or another. But it'll be quite awhile until their new facility is built, operational, staffed, cranking out product and causing a trickle down economic ripple enough to affect the real estate market. The real question, is what are mortgage rates going to look like after March '10, and how will prices compensate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 09:48 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Contracts have been rewarded for the plant construction -- so it begins,.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:51 AM

435 posts, read 835,341 times
Don't worry, it is always good time to buy. LOL. If the interest rate spike up, then the sell price have to go down. As a potential buy, I will prefer higher interest but lower price.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:02 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
Boeing is here already they are expanding....

Old 11-16-2009, 12:56 PM

24 posts, read 64,871 times
Default Boeing Coming to Charleston

Hi Charles, I'm not a native ~ having moved to the area in the 1970's from the Columbus, Ohio area, but I tell people I'm a Southerner by choice. My husband has fond memories of growing up in Summerville, when the population was 6000.

The Tri-County has changed greatly since WWII but especially in the past 20-25 years. Most of the changes have been good. I believe the blending of the old and new has made Charleston a better place to call home.

I think you'll find the Lowcountry folks to be hard working, friendly and good neighbors. People said that the closing of the main Navy Base was going to kill off Charleston - wrong!

The little storm called Hugo wrecked some havoc here but the way friends and strangers pulled together demonstrated to me the quality and fiber of our area.

We always welcome good paying jobs and the company's that bring them. Growth always brings on new challenges. What is important is how we meet the challenges.

As Scarlett said, ". . . tomorrow is another day."

Old 01-09-2010, 12:00 PM

14 posts, read 72,479 times
Charleston is ready. Like it was stated in an earlier post. Anyone who has a struggling business, looking for work, or trouble paying the bills. Hang in there! Do not throw in the towel. There will be many big names and investors moving into Charleston to take advantage of this emerging market. Everyone will benefit. even if you work at Taco Bell or similar entry level jobs things will get better for everyone. It also true that many of the jobs will be filled by qualified applicants from around the country. The assembly jobs will be filled mostly by candidates from the state training programs. The next class will begin in June. I have several friends in the current class.

Also don't forget the trickle down affect...if someone from Charleston gets a job at boeing, their previous job is then open. Charleston has several large employers of people who would possibly qualify for jobs at Boeing. For example: Bosch, Spa War, Force Protection, many other military suppliers, Auto Workers such as the Cummins suppliers on leeds ave. Jobs will open! The business to be in is Recruiting, Placement and Staffing.

I am glad to see Charleston in the midst of prosperity even in this economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area