Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2007, 10:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,864 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are relocating from CT to Mount Pleasant this summer. I have 3 kids, 8, 3 and 8 months. I cannot seem to find information on how to enroll a child in school and I am also looking for feedback on nursery schools for my 3 year old.

In addition, we are considering the Park West community. My concern is the size of the community - is the pool/amenity center crowded and difficult to find a seat/tennis court?

We don't know much about the area (my husband is being relocated) and would appreciate any feedback !

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 06:59 AM

21 posts, read 75,830 times
When I moved here, I just visited the schools and registered them there, so when my wife joined me 3 weeks later with the kids, they were already enrolled.

I don't know about Park West, but Charleston National is across the street, with generally better homes, built in the 90s, nice landscaping, and they have a very nice pool and tennis courts that aren't crowded.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:44 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,776,702 times
Both Charleston National and Park West are nice communities. Park West has two pools and a number of tennis courts that are not particularly crowded during the year. Park West is a good bit larger than Charleston National, but both communities have subsections which helps to give the residents more of a neighborhood feel.
I am surprised with the comment that Charleston National has generally better homes than Park West. Both communities have sections with "Tract" homes and those with custom homes. Both communities have a little different feel. If I were to generalize, I would say that Park West has a significantly larger number of "upscale" homes and custom subsections than Charleston National.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:35 PM

21 posts, read 75,830 times
Joe, you may be correct about the total number of upscale homes being larger in Park West than Charleston National, but that's because Park West is SEVERAL times larger than ChasNat which gives them numerical superiority. I think ChasNat has a higher percentage of more expensive homes. Most were built by Centex and the ones that weren't are custom homes. The subsections are much more pronounced in Park West- it's more a collection of different projects while ChasNat seems tied together a little more closely. I'm sure the difference in size accounts for some of that.

I think Park West will look much better in ten years, but right now, it still looks new and doesn't have the older, larger trees and established feel yet. That's just a matter of time, but the neighborhoods that are 5-10 years older tend to look a little better, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area