Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:23 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,688,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Saying the Charlotte Jazz festival had a terrible turnout, was poorly promoted, etc. when you didn’t even attend the event, is not giving us your opinion. It’s pushing your agenda. Not only did neither of you attend the event, you obviously didn’t know anyone who did go. What other conclusion are we to draw from your comments?
1. Since you decided to call out my name I will return the favor
2. I have house in Charlotte and I am here 3-4 days a week (I am bi-city; even pay NC taxes)
3. I began the thread by askng the question Who went to Charlotte Jazz Fest.
4. The responses seemed to indicate that people did not know about it and wished they did.
5. You have an agenda and a history of lying and posting mis-information.
6. Please grow-up and stop City Data stalking me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
That is not our intention at all.......You have your opinion and we have ours....I really get ticked at other posters for calling other posters out when they disagree with other posters..whether the comments be positive or negative.....This is a forum...and I do believe everyone should have the right to freedom of speech...If I disagree with you...I for one and not going to "BASH your post because i disagree with you...so please respect...dont bash ours...
Westcoastbabe - that's becuase if you post anything perceieved as negative Charlotte, there are 5 posters in the Charlotte area who will immediately attempt to discredit what you say.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:53 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,752,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
1. Since you decided to call out my name I will return the favor
2. I have house in Charlotte and I am here 3-4 days a week (I am bi-city; even pay NC taxes)
3. I began the thread by askng the question Who went to Charlotte Jazz Fest.
4. The responses seemed to indicate that people did not know about it and wished they did.
5. You have an agenda and a history of lying and posting mis-information.
6. Please grow-up and stop City Data stalking me.
So because I posted an answer to your question I’m a stalker? That proves your agenda. You obviously didn’t want the truth. I thought you wanted to know how it was? Or did you simply want people to agree with you that it was a bust?

And I’ve never lied about anything on this board. You accused me of lying on that Atl Charlotte thread, but if you go back and read my reply you’ll see I pointed out your misinformation regarding that builder. You have to click that little radio button Sunny put there for some reason, but my reply is there and very clear.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:28 PM

213 posts, read 421,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prwfromnc View Post
Thank you Carolina Blue for posting those pictures from the Uptown JazzFest. I've been wondering how everything turned out. I was in Charlotte on Friday and I found out about it from reading the Creative Loafing newspaper and hearing people talking about it while I was hanging out downtown. I would've loved to have made the trip back down to attend myself, but I had to work on Saturday. It's good to know that the turnout was good and that it seemed to have gotten a lot of support. One last thing, I just got thru reading the Atlanta versus Charlotte thread, I wish people would stop trying to make Charlotte seem like it's some bumpkin town b/c it is far from it. I know that it may be smaller than other places and may lack the # of amenities compared to Atlanta, but I think Charlotte is doing quite well with what it has and it will get better as it continues to grow and fill out!

One thing about Atlanta we do have wine down wednesday every day of the week in centennial Olympic Park where they play live Jazz and raggae music and its always packed... The Jazz fest in Atlanta has a much Larger turn out than Charlotte... The thing is Charlotte has things to do but not in the amount that Atlanta has... If Charlotte had alot going on then alot of people from Charlotte wouldnt be coming to Atlanta to party Shop and attend special events that we have here..

Old 06-28-2010, 03:33 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,369,119 times
OMG why are you reading the Charlotte threads then?

Old 06-28-2010, 03:34 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,920 times
Quote:
Saying the Charlotte Jazz festival had a terrible turnout, was poorly promoted, etc. when you didn’t even attend the event, is not giving us your opinion. It’s pushing your agenda. Not only did neither of you attend the event, you obviously didn’t know anyone who did go. What other conclusion are we to draw from your comments?
__

Neat! I actually know some people in your pictures! I'll make a note and look for the info next year.

I still wish I'd heard about it and think that they should borrow the bluementhal's email list. Or the Bobcats. ;-)

Old 06-28-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
So because I posted an answer to your question I’m a stalker? That proves your agenda. You obviously didn’t want the truth. I thought you wanted to know how it was? Or did you simply want people to agree with you that it was a bust?

And I’ve never lied about anything on this board. You accused me of lying on that Atl Charlotte thread, but if you go back and read my reply you’ll see I pointed out your misinformation regarding that builder. You have to click that little radio button Sunny put there for some reason, but my reply is there and very clear.
Whatever. Post whatever u like

Last edited by mrdkb; 06-28-2010 at 05:05 PM..

Old 06-28-2010, 05:09 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,752,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
Whatever. Post whatever u like
LOL!!! Why'd you change what you first wrote? Too late, I saw it..

Old 06-28-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
LOL!!! Why'd you change what you first wrote? Too late, I saw it..
I changed it because what's the point. You will continue to post mis-information. Funny thing is I know more about Charlotte than you. Be well young man (or woman).

Old 06-28-2010, 05:37 PM

213 posts, read 421,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
OMG why are you reading the Charlotte threads then?
Because I thought this was a forum, Im in every city threads....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte