Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2011, 09:51 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
This is why I stated this. This is going to be like a race week x10.
I am going to pretend it snowed and get enough food to last the week and hibernate in my home. Nobody is telling me when it will be so I can make my plans to make tracks outta here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 09:51 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
This is why I stated this. This is going to be like a race week x10.
If I had a condo uptown, I would immediately find out what source to hook up with (convention and tourism bureau??) in order to get myself on a list for rental availability.

Pass it around! Let's create some revenue stream for ourselves, folks!

Old 02-01-2011, 09:53 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,749,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
...Surely the naysayers are wrong about causing a fiscal disaster for our budget here...
Yeah, I’ve never heard of one of these events bankrupting a city. Naysayers say the same things about events like the Super Bowl, Final Four, etc. and cities seem to do just fine after hosting those too.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Yeah, I’ve never heard of one of these events bankrupting a city. Naysayers say the same things about events like the Super Bowl, Final Four, etc. and cities seem to do just fine after hosting those too.
We need the economic boost!

Plus, it will simply be exciting to be able to show our city to the rest of the country.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:01 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,359,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
We need the economic boost!

Plus, it will simply be exciting to be able to show our city to the rest of the country.
I'm expecting positive things for Charlotte from this. Most people think "banking" for Charlotte when there is much more.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomichauds View Post
I'm expecting positive things for Charlotte from this. Most people think "banking" for Charlotte when there is much more.
This is so good to hear from you, CM - b/c you moved here and have a clear perspective on how Charlotte is perceived outside this area - and now you have your own experiences living here - wh/ should make you a very good source for understanding how this city needs spotlighting.

I hope the national media helps us get the story of Charlotte out!

Old 02-01-2011, 10:33 AM

128 posts, read 272,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
That's awesome news but I hope Mrs. Obama isn't serious about expecting great BBQ in Charlotte.
If she goes to Mac's she will..

Old 02-01-2011, 10:37 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,804,815 times
While the exposure is great for Charlotte, NC and the city will definitely get a boost economically ......we are clearly not ready for something of this magnitude....Definitely not enough hotel space, the way downtown is mapped out.....clearly it will be gridlock....but hopefully it will finally put "Charlotte" on the map..not Charleston or Charlottesville.....

Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,749,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbull75 View Post
I love Macs. Bubba’s and Mac’s are my favorites. But I don’t think the average person here realizes how prevalent BBQ is to this area. You can get it all over the place. Several Charlotte restaurants have it on the menu from local fast food chains like Cook Out and some of the Showmars locations, to several full service restaurants. That’s not the case outside of the South. I have friends who visit from the North and no matter where we eat, they always want to try the BBQ if it’s on the menu. So I can understand someone like the First Lady being impressed with the BBQ here.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:41 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,609,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbull75 View Post
or McKoys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte