Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 02:42 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,945,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I had not thought of this, that folks aren't posting cause they approve of the OSA's tactics.
I'm not posting because I really don't care. Now if they were parading down the streets of my neighborhood I'd be pelting them with eggs & rotten veggies. But since they've kept themselves downtown they're out of sight out of mind so to speak.

I'm not into religion. Its good for some folks but I've been able to communicate with God one on one for a long time & I don't need a middleman.

I'm thinking that the Operation Rescue/Operation Save America folks believe that God has called on them to right what they perceive to be a wrong. But if one of their children was a victim of rape I think they'd be turning the other cheek quick enough.

People who truly believe themselves to be Christians act more from the heart. They know that their daily lives can only be guided by the Bible. It was never meant to be the only resource available to them. The world isn't black & white & sometimes you just have to have faith in yourself that the actions that you take are the right ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 03:05 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,666,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I'm not posting because I really don't care. Now if they were parading down the streets of my neighborhood I'd be pelting them with eggs & rotten veggies. But since they've kept themselves downtown they're out of sight out of mind so to speak.

I'm not into religion. Its good for some folks but I've been able to communicate with God one on one for a long time & I don't need a middleman.

I'm thinking that the Operation Rescue/Operation Save America folks believe that God has called on them to right what they perceive to be a wrong. But if one of their children was a victim of rape I think they'd be turning the other cheek quick enough.

People who truly believe themselves to be Christians act more from the heart. They know that their daily lives can only be guided by the Bible. It was never meant to be the only resource available to them. The world isn't black & white & sometimes you just have to have faith in yourself that the actions that you take are the right ones.
+3, I can't rep you.

I would not have posted a word if it had been some other group.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:44 PM

587 posts, read 1,624,784 times
Just because someone is "religious" doesn't necessarily mean they would identify in any way with this "extremist" group. This group has been out of control since day 1, back in the late 80's when Randall Terry started the craziness. I happened to live in Binghamton, NY - his hometown and center of the movement at that time, so unfortunately, I'd seen way too much of this nonsense even back 20 years ago. He is long gone, but the group continues it's antics. I believe this kind of extremism pushes more people away from their cause than draws people to it. The God these people talk about isn't even RELATED to MY God.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renlouis View Post
Just because someone is "religious" doesn't necessarily mean they would identify in any way with this "extremist" group. This group has been out of control since day 1, back in the late 80's when Randall Terry started the craziness. I happened to live in Binghamton, NY - his hometown and center of the movement at that time, so unfortunately, I'd seen way too much of this nonsense even back 20 years ago. He is long gone, but the group continues it's antics. I believe this kind of extremism pushes more people away from their cause than draws people to it. The God these people talk about isn't even RELATED to MY God.
You can probably understand how I felt to hear that they were coming to Charlotte. They went, uninvited, to my old town & wouldn't leave.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:53 PM

587 posts, read 1,624,784 times
Let's hope they're just passing through.............

Old 07-26-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renlouis View Post
Let's hope they're just passing through.............
I can only hope.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:40 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
They will be back October 2nd
Spoiler

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-26-2010 at 11:09 PM..

Old 07-26-2010, 10:18 PM

So they'll be back for Pride Sunny?

Old 07-26-2010, 11:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
but since NCMF is a private venue doesnt involve city streets like it does
at Gateway they will be there they have every year since it was at
Marshall Park. They can be arrested if they try their previous tactics
by trying to mingle in.

Last 3 prides at Gateway & Marshall Park they harass within the event

NCMF will be better music & Guest Speaker wise.
The acoustics was horrible in Gateway but Gateway was a great venue though and I appreciate the landlord for allowing the event in the past.

A Bonus is it can run all night long now.

I never been to NCMF but
the revues on this forum sounds like it is a great place
Im going to delete prior spoilers let them break the law.

Ill have my camera to take pictures of the arrests
Heck Ill video tape it and see if I can become the next viral video sensation.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:20 AM

I was reading the brochure for Pride and it seems like it will be quite an event. I wonder if the current OSA hotels could be sold out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte