Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:29 PM

7 posts, read 27,225 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I have searched all over the Charlotte forum and can't find any recommendations for a glass company that can replace a custom shower door. It's thick lass and tall, so I guess the company would have to have access to a good selection.
Can anyone recommend a reputable company?
Thanks!!!
S
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 AM

513 posts, read 2,111,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
Hello all. I have searched all over the Charlotte forum and can't find any recommendations for a glass company that can replace a custom shower door. It's thick lass and tall, so I guess the company would have to have access to a good selection.
Can anyone recommend a reputable company?
Thanks!!!
S
Try Barefoot & Company> Barefoot & Company Inc - Suppliers of Shower Doors, Mirrors & More

Old 09-23-2008, 03:07 PM

172 posts, read 584,357 times
Working Glass did a great job on custom showers for us. 704-821-1641

Old 09-24-2008, 12:33 AM

Thank you both so much for responding. I'll try Working Glass. Can't try Barefoot as they actually created the problem I now have.
Thanks!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:21 AM

513 posts, read 2,111,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
Thank you both so much for responding. I'll try Working Glass. Can't try Barefoot as they actually created the problem I now have.
Thanks!
Sorry to hear that! What did they do? I'm curious because they are about to do some work for me!

Old 09-26-2008, 02:56 PM

Marblmom,
Hi! They did fine on the installation. But there is a problem now and they do not want to warranty their work. So I'm not saying their work is bad, but the glass they got was defective and instead of letting us know that, they installed it anyway and now say that we didn't object initially, so they won't fix it. So just really make sure you check every single little tiny detail before paying or signing off.
They SHOULD have clearly seen the defect and not even installed the glass and reordered it, but they didn't and I suppose that is what bothers me more. Ethically they should have just reordered instead of ever installing what they did.
I've gotten a couple other glass company opinions and they are bascially saying that it's not lack of skill, it's laziness to not inspect their glass before they use it.
S

Old 09-26-2008, 09:59 PM

295 posts, read 1,061,544 times
You will be fine with Working Glass. Stay away from Malibu Shower Enclosures Glass & Custom Mirrors.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:10 PM

Thanks! I actually had a company out and he explained to me that unless I wanted them to rip out the entire shower glass, damage the tile, etc., that I should leave it alone....grrrrrr. That upgrade was one of the most expensive ones we did in the building process. VERY frustrating. Barefoot actually tried to convince us the glass no long exists anywhere in the world....RIIIIIGHT! It's not even an uncommon type of glass. They just do not was to fix it and to be honest I'm afraid of them trashing my new tile and new paint.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:39 AM

3 posts, read 12,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosox05 View Post
You will be fine with Working Glass. Stay away from Malibu Shower Enclosures Glass & Custom Mirrors.
Can you elaborate? We are looking for a reputable glass company and received a quote from Malibu. We are in the process of obtaining a couple other quotes. What company did you use?

Old 03-15-2009, 05:58 PM

403 posts, read 877,870 times
Talking Shower Enclosures

Go in and see the people at Accent Glass on S. Blvd...they have a showroom and brochures, so that you can see what you will be getting....Squirt...ask them if they will take a look at the glass that can't be gotten. They are family owned.....and I know they will try to help you out if it is at all possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: