Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2007, 06:49 PM

5 posts, read 16,778 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there are volunteer fire departments in Charlotte? My sister lives in the Soulth Charlotte area and we are thinking of moving but my husband can't give up his volunteering. Any ideas where I can get a list of the volunteer depts???

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2007, 07:06 PM

462 posts, read 1,843,936 times
There are plenty. Where in south Charlotte will you be? I know where I will be living I have my choice of 2 volly houses I can respond to. There are a lot of paid departments in the Charlotte areas too but it seems like the vollies and the paid guys work and play well with each other.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:15 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,264,689 times
All unincorporated areas of Mecklenburg County are served by volunteer departments, although the municipal and volunteer departments support each other.

Try this web site: Mecklenburg County Fire Districts GIS

Select Providence in the VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENTS INFORMATION and it will lead you to a mapping application where you can view service areas.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:03 AM

Thank You so much. We aren't wure where we will exactly be yet. Actually coming down this weekend to start our search. We have family in Ballyntyne area. So there are vollunteer depts also then. That is perfect. now to figure out this map .

Old 06-25-2007, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2boyz View Post
Thank You so much. We aren't wure where we will exactly be yet. Actually coming down this weekend to start our search. We have family in Ballyntyne area. So there are vollunteer depts also then. That is perfect. now to figure out this map .
My house is in Monroe, and although they have a paid system I still have two volly house in either direction from me in which I could respond to, and I know Monroe has a few others. I know Waxhaw has a volly house, along with Pineville and Matthews. Here is a link to a pretty good up to date list of firehouses in NC.
North Carolina Local Firehouse Departments ::*LocalFireHouse.com :: Your Local FireHouse Online

Old 06-25-2007, 07:06 AM

Now that I looked at the list a little bit more, I am assuming that it's not 100% accurate as one of the houses near me is not listed, but it's a good starting point. Good luck!

Old 06-25-2007, 10:47 AM

Thank You. That is a great start. We will be down this week starting our search of where and when. My husband will definately check this info out though. What a big help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte