Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:36 PM

748 posts, read 1,771,925 times

Advertisements

-Barking dogs
-People driving 70 mph through the neighborhood
-Neighbor's boyfriend's crappy Mustang requires a minimum of 20 minutes of revving before driving
-Vandals destroying Halloween decorations

And the kicker:
My wife was getting groceries out of her car today. Some jackass (and I will find him) in a black extended-cab pickup stopped and said "You better stop using your kids as a punching bag."

She laughed because she thought it was some weird joke.
He said "I'm serious, you'd better stop using your kids as a punching bag."
No idea where he got his information, but he's obviously a psycho.

Talk about creepy. This place is Stepford Wives X 1000.

We've stopped unpacking and won't even be hanging pictures on the walls.
Creepy, creepy place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 07:43 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,031,455 times
Not certain if you're serious, but I fear you are... lol

Old 11-02-2010, 08:04 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,572,579 times
BobosCurse - Are you talking about Cherry Grove at the beach (that is the only Cherry Grove I know of) or is it somewhere around Charlotte? Sorry you are having these problems!

Old 11-02-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
BobosCurse - Are you talking about Cherry Grove at the beach (that is the only Cherry Grove I know of) or is it somewhere around Charlotte? Sorry you are having these problems!
He bought in the Cherry Grove subdivision in Mooresville... we had several good threads about his move and arrival.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:13 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,572,579 times
Thanks Mikey! I didn't know of a Cherry Grove around here. So sorry that this has turned out to be a bad situation for BobosCurse. Bad neighbors can make your life miserable.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:55 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,380,099 times
I am so sorry to hear this Bobo, especially after all the chats we've had & knowing how excited you were after finding that house. I agree, the black pickup guy is a serious jackass! I hope he was just some jackass passing through looking for what he thought was laughs & not someone who really lives there. What a sick bastard he was! Are you guys going to stay there?

Old 11-03-2010, 05:15 AM

748 posts, read 1,771,925 times
It's all good. We didn't pay any closing costs or moving expenses. With the tax deduction, it's still much better than renting. Now that we're here we can take our time and find something more long-term. It's much harder to see all the cracks in something when you don't have much time to look or make a decision. Now we can look around on our own timetable.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:37 AM

171 posts, read 317,750 times
Why didn't you take the advice given here to rent before buying? I'm not sure that a few duckets of saved closing/moving costs are worth the headaches that are to come of getting rid of a home in a declining market.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:43 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,993,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTwist View Post
Why didn't you take the advice given here to rent before buying? I'm not sure that a few duckets of saved closing/moving costs are worth the headaches that are to come of getting rid of a home in a declining market.
No kidding. I am baffled on how some people buy immediately before they even move down here just by Internet research alone. Closing costs, mortgage hassles, etc.

We rented our first year, and ended up buying in FM after we learned so much about the area - and CMS schools.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTwist View Post
You can go back to his earliest threads and see how some of us were so adamant about renting first - for all the reasons highlighted here... I tried! At the end, I know in one thread I mentioned the happiest person is the one who sold the house to him. lol

Seriously, though - I don't want to turn this into a told you so thing and I laugh a little because he's not in the worst shape. In fact, things could turn around and the neighborhood could become better. I just hope that those who think they can come down and choose a house in a weekend rethinks that strategy and reads this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: