Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2007, 11:08 AM

240 posts, read 1,021,952 times

Advertisements

I'm so excited. I drove past The Arbors on Mallard Creek Road and the sign is up that says Trader Joes. I have been driving over their for months, I noticed them clearing off the land and adding utilities etc. I didn't see a building because I was driving. I'll go back later to check on the progress.

I believe when I checked the company website before it said it was targeting a late August/September opening. I guess you can build a building in 3 months. Trader Joe's are alway pretty simple.

I'm soooo excited.

Are you able to buy wine in stores in NC? If so, I can start buying the two buck chuck again. The Charles Shaw wine is really good for two -three bucks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 01:59 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,750,974 times
Well count one more who joins in your excitement!!! I've noticed that progess too. They've got the framing up, so it shouldn't be too much longer. I'm also excited about having the Thai resturant opening in the adjoining shopping center to Trader Joes'. I love the way Prosperity/Mallard Creek Road is developing. I've lived in the University area for the past 10 years or so, and now I'm moving off Eastfield in Huntersville. With Trader Joes and Ikea near by, I'm extremley pleased with the way that whole Northern area of town is developing.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:55 AM

240 posts, read 1,021,952 times
I agree. I'm going to Atl this weekend. I'm going to stop by Ikea and TJ's when I'm there. I did drive over and see the framing. Are other stores going to be located there also? The place was huge. I don't think it will take them very long to finish the rest of the building.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:28 AM

241 posts, read 891,803 times
This is great news! We are moving to Charlotte from California in a few months and I didn't know how I was going to survive without my TJ's hummus!!! Woohoo!

Old 07-09-2007, 12:00 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,426,355 times
Ironic that Trader Joe's is supposed to be earth-friendly/organic and they had trees chopped down to build a store. They couldn't find an existing store building?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte