Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:56 PM

241 posts, read 891,684 times

Advertisements

I'm not there yet, but I have been out in Newport Beach/Costa Mesa for the last 4 years and we're moving back to Charlotte within the next 6 mnths. Has anybody regretted leaving California?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 02:25 PM

3 posts, read 11,595 times
Also thinking of a move to NC. Can anyone tell me the property tax rate? I know Cali's prop. rate is very low in comparison say to texas, etc.(no income tax in tx though). We pay everywhere else here in So. Ca though. I would also to hear about safest cities. Thanks~

Old 07-13-2007, 08:09 PM

62 posts, read 298,126 times
I grew up on San Diego. Been in Waxhaw for 2 years. Love Rubio's. Favorite teams....Chargers, Padres & Lakers. Watch the Chargers every Sunday on Sunday Ticket. Had the baseball package for the Padres but did not watch enough last season and did not renew it this season. Hard when the west coast games don't start until 10:30p.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:28 PM

105 posts, read 295,410 times
Will be moving in acouple of months from Long Beach,CA. Rubios does have great fish tacos that for sure. Sorry but, Lakers, Dodgers, and Raiders fan here, lol. I might have to drop the Lakers because of how Kobe's been acting and become a Bobcat's fan. Michael Jordan is making some good moves lately for the team. I looking forward to being in Charlotte and met some of you Southern Cals people and Charlottians and maybe we can all cook together. Have a good one.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:39 PM

182 posts, read 824,926 times
Default Goodbye Cali....

Love the Angels, husband loves the Dodgers and the Yankees.
Stupid that LA doesn't have Football so I can't believe I have to move all the way to NC to have a team!
But we have to say that we both love NASCAR more.....
My mother just couldn't understand why we wanted to leave CA for NC so she started telling everybody that it was because we love NASCAR soooo much.....yikes!!! I had to set her straight that there is much MUCH more to NC than just NASCAR.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:49 AM

104 posts, read 458,345 times
Hey y'all -- moved from Downey to Tega Cay 16 months ago. Have NEVER regretted leaving Southern California. Oh - HUGE Dodger fan here!! You should see my new office downstairs - I nicknamed it the Dodger Cave cause of all the souvenirs & pics in there (even brought a pair of stadium seats with us!!) Thank goodness - finally some Dodger fans on this forum!! I was getting VERY lonely here being the only one!! Husband loves the Lakers, Rams, & UCLA football & basketball.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:48 AM

105 posts, read 295,410 times
Nice to meet you Vicki, I'm 10 minutes from Downey. I hope not to regret leaving southern Cali, I know for sure I won't regret. 16 months ago isn't that long you know how the housing is like out here. Well you are right about no NFL team in Los Angeles. I'm glad I wont have to fly to see a football game(Oakland) anymore. I am a big UCLA fan also, good football and basketball program, now I will get to go see Duke plays, excited, always dream of going to one of DUKE AND UNC games growing up. Rams, well I loved Eric Dickerson and Jim Everette when the Rams were in Anaheim. As far as the Dodgers we are a power hitter away Champion team.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:12 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,826,899 times
Hi All!
It's been a while since I have posted, hi Vicki and Carolina's. I am also a So Cal native, hubby and I just moved out in Oct. Grew up in Cerritos and just moved from Yorba Linda (15 years their). Of course we dearly miss our friends and El Torito! Ate thier every Friday night for years! When our house finally sold and we went to pack it up in April I ran to the grocery store and loaded up on the corn cake. Haven't found a replacement yet. Their is a mexican food restaurant in NODA I believe that has pretty good fish taco's according to a fellow employee. Husbands been blending home made Marguerita's.

Hey Dori33, I used to go the Imprint Show in LB, long time ago in the late 80's.

Trader Joe's should be opening next month, can hardly wait and Home Goods is on it's way.

We are huge NASCAR fans, so loving every minute. Good to see we may have some new Bobcats fans, looks like a good team this year. The arena is really nice and also has the largest scoreboard, men like that kind of trivia. Hope you all can make a game or too.

I started eating Mrs. Knotts chicken when I was 3 years old. In fact I bought Knott's Boysenberry jam today. They do carry the high end Knott's Jam at Harris Teeter, $4.99 but worth it!

The fireflies are great but every other bug can go. Infact had a horrible bug incident last night, a house centipede, thank God dead in the guest bathroom sink. Had to look it up on line as we had never seen anything like it and hope to never see a live or dead one again. It was nasty!

We have only been in our house 3 months (Weddington) and are on our 4th bird nest, we have had a Brown Thrush, Blue Birds (babies are probably just about to fly the nest soon, the nest is in our newspaper holder under the mailbox) and we are on our 2nd Cardinal nest. Had about 15 birds at the feeder and only 6 openings on the feeder. We did have to buy the squirel be gone feeder, little stinkers!

We have just joined one of the local car clubs as we have 2 classic muscle cars, trying to make friends with the same interests. So far we have met some really nice people.

Well I should go before this becomes as long as the new Harry Potter Book!
Take care Cali friends.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:37 PM

62 posts, read 298,126 times
I forgot in my last post to mention that I worked at Knott's one summer as a ride's operator.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:54 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,488,479 times
Would Pasadena count? We moved here from Pasadena 2 years ago.

Dawn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte