Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 11:39 AM

679 posts, read 614,565 times

Advertisements

So, after many discussions, the fiancee and I have decided that our highest preference for a wedding venue is...a winery (hence the thread)

The question, as can be guessed at this point, is: what do you know about locations?

Don't worry about prices or get bogged down in the nitty gritty details, right now I'm just looking for a list of places within an hour drive of Charlotte. Of course I'd prefer that list to be of places you've personally been, or heard about, that you thought were beautiful and great locations to have a wedding and party.

We've only really just started at this (looking for a mid year 2012 wedding) and have friends in the Mt. Airy area that pointed us towards one place that we can't wait to visit North Carolina, NC Vineyard & Winery

So, as of now, that's our list. I've also used the great website of Vineyards & Wineries in North Carolina | NC Wineries & Vineyards to get a listing of all of the places, but that really only gives me names and pictures of places at their best. What I'm looking for here is personal opinions of just how awesome a place actually was. So....Ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 12:09 PM

689 posts, read 1,656,350 times
I think Childress is beautiful. It is in Lexington, NC.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:36 PM

92 posts, read 223,227 times
Ray-Len Winery is great. Not too far from Charlotte.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:45 PM

679 posts, read 614,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawks91 View Post
I think Childress is beautiful. It is in Lexington, NC.
Childress does look pretty amazing, it is definitely being added to the list of must-visits for our upcoming trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastetcat View Post
Ray-Len Winery is great. Not too far from Charlotte.
For some reason I can't find any information about them allowing weddings or private events to take place there. Maybe they do, but I'm missing where they say it

Old 01-20-2011, 01:17 PM

1,241 posts, read 2,321,070 times
Check out:
Raffaldini Winery - North Carolina Private Events

Stony Mountain Wintery - Stony Mountain Vineyards
Take the tour. Check out the pictures of the view they have. Their facilities aren't the biggest but it might work.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:32 AM

16 posts, read 37,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
Check out:
Raffaldini Winery - North Carolina Private Events

Stony Mountain Wintery - Stony Mountain Vineyards
Take the tour. Check out the pictures of the view they have. Their facilities aren't the biggest but it might work.
I second Raffaldini as being a very cool, low key vineyard.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:13 PM

540 posts, read 1,705,726 times
Check out Dennis Vineyards in Albemarle - they have a seperate wedding pavillion and everything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte