Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 02:28 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Never go out unarmed....
mace, pepper spray or anything like that won't do much good to the thug if they
are jacked up on some type of drug.

This isn't surprising at all, it is just how society is today.

ha, ha..........that yellow purse has been tossed to the wayside, the contents however very well
could be in the thugs pockets.
Well, that handbag may be the thing that attracted him! A yellow Prada Saffiano is worth a lot of $$$ (about $2000).

One of my friends in LE told me several years ago that women carrying designer handbags were often assaulted for the handbag itself. A nice Louis Vuitton can bring well over $1000, even used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 02:43 PM

628 posts, read 2,078,779 times
Again...I'm all for citizens protecting themselves. However, if you are not trained in self defense and do not have continual training....you are probably better off letting this low-life take the purse. If you resist and are not trained, you could get seriously hurt. a purse and $$$ can be replaced, your life and health cannot. do not let pepper spray lull you into a false sense of security. Before you get that spray out; an assailant could be on you and gone. My advice to you is to always be aware of your surroundings and if something doesn't seem right (someone getting too close to you etc), it probably isn't.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:51 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKLYN2CLT View Post
Again...I'm all for citizens protecting themselves. However, if you are not trained in self defense and do not have continual training....you are probably better off letting this low-life take the purse. If you resist and are not trained, you could get seriously hurt. a purse and $$$ can be replaced, your life and health cannot. do not let pepper spray lull you into a false sense of security. Before you get that spray out; an assailant could be on you and gone. My advice to you is to always be aware of your surroundings and if something doesn't seem right (someone getting too close to you etc), it probably isn't.
Excellent advice. I think you are right that mace could give a person a false sense of security. I would want it to make the person stop long enough for me to run away. The mugger can have my purse (or my car, for that matter). I just don't wanna get shot, raped or beaten up in the process.

All mace can do is perhaps slow down someone . . . and give the victim a few seconds to run away.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:26 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
This is why my wife never goes into parking decks that are poorly lit and not many people around..

I don't care how well you are protected (mace/gun/etc), it takes a split second in an area like this to be killed/raped/robbed, even in an affluent area like this.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:23 PM

359 posts, read 592,047 times
You guys are quick to judge! I mean he could've had 7 babies at home all needing to be fed and we've got this rich woman with all her money and extra things she doesn't need in life.

LOL

I wish the worst on that person

Old 02-03-2011, 09:25 PM

82 posts, read 147,687 times
One of our friend was also robbed at the sourhpark mall parking ....yes at gun point n his 6 year old was with him...

Old 02-04-2011, 06:30 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,845,153 times
Pulling out your mace is a bad idea when the other guy has a gun.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:32 PM

554 posts, read 1,508,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum View Post
You guys are quick to judge! I mean he could've had 7 babies at home all needing to be fed and we've got this rich woman with all her money and extra things she doesn't need in life.

LOL

I wish the worst on that person
What? So if he has a family to feed it's okay to rob someone at gunpoint?

Old 02-04-2011, 07:35 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,655,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaEve011 View Post
The LOL means "laughing out loud"; NDAlum was joking.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:49 AM

359 posts, read 592,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaEve011 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
The LOL means "laughing out loud"; NDAlum was joking.
Yes I was joking.

I can't say what I want to do to people who steal from others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte