Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:32 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,968 times

Advertisements

Yo its not you. that place has been going down hill for a loooooong time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 11:43 AM

103 posts, read 395,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
Do you think Belk, Gap, Abercombie and Victoria's Secret have higher prices on the same goods at SouthPark than they do at CPM? I think not.
Those would be the lower end stores at Southpark...

Old 03-30-2011, 12:07 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,361,611 times
To me it's just a mall near my house, but I do wish it was an outlet mall. It takes me a bit to get to Concord Mill for Carters

Old 03-30-2011, 01:16 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
Do you think Belk, Gap, Abercombie and Victoria's Secret have higher prices on the same goods at SouthPark than they do at CPM? I think not.
Actually Belk, at least on men side, is practically a different store. The SP version sells different products than the CP version. So same goods are mostly not the same goods...

Quote:
No, I don't think you'll be seeing GameStop in Southpark any time soon. Did you miss Pottery Barn, several jewelry stores, several shoe stores, Apple, Sephora, Godiva? Not much aimed at boys, but that means more stores for me! Love Southpark.
Pottery Barn... Nope. Find it overpriced.
Jewelry stores... most of SP stores are overpriced.
Apple... everyone and their mother sells Apple now. Who wants to fight that crowd... not this guy ^
Sephora... I am a dude. Nope.
Godiva... not enough to care.

The point was... one is your typical mall aimed at middle class and the other is a rich mall aimed at upper class.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:13 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,713 times
When someone mentions how status oriented and snobby Charlotte is, I hope I don't see any of you attempting to say otherwise. Carolina Place Mall is fine. It's a regular mall. The area is not ghetto, nor is the mall rundown or failing. Geesh. Better run off and polish your silver, it's dinner time...

Old 03-30-2011, 04:16 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
When someone mentions how status oriented and snobby Charlotte is, I hope I don't see any of you attempting to say otherwise. Carolina Place Mall is fine. It's a regular mall. The area is not ghetto, nor is the mall rundown or failing. Geesh. Better run off and polish your silver, it's dinner time...
Carolina Place Mall, average by Charlotte standards, is miles better than the BEST mall in Little Rock, Arkansas, where I moved from. CP is pretty much a standard, American, anywhere USA mall, while Southpark and Concord Mills are destinations. There is still a niche for that and its doing well at filling that niche. Plus Carolina Place is the only mall serving South Charlotte so that alone will keep it afloat. I actually like going to Carolina Place more than Southpark unless I need to go to Apple.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:43 PM

985 posts, read 1,902,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Carolina Place Mall, average by Charlotte standards, is miles better than the BEST mall in Little Rock, Arkansas, where I moved from. CP is pretty much a standard, American, anywhere USA mall, while Southpark and Concord Mills are destinations. There is still a niche for that and its doing well at filling that niche. Plus Carolina Place is the only mall serving South Charlotte so that alone will keep it afloat. I actually like going to Carolina Place more than Southpark unless I need to go to Apple.
I agree coming from Michigan it was better than your average Michigan mall. We had Parisian (like Belk but we had to drive 40 minutes to get to it they had great sales on good shoes etc) but it was at an outdorr mall in Michigan (yes I said outdoor and Michigan). It was the anchor there.

We also had the equivalent of a Southpark, but not as many real shoppers, it too was a destination unless you lived in that town.

We had 2 outlet centers both had good deals and the more popular brands for teens.

It is an anywhere USA, any place USA mall and there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:55 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewith3 View Post
I agree coming from Michigan it was better than your average Michigan mall. We had Parisian (like Belk but we had to drive 40 minutes to get to it they had great sales on good shoes etc) but it was at an outdorr mall in Michigan (yes I said outdoor and Michigan). It was the anchor there.

We also had the equivalent of a Southpark, but not as many real shoppers, it too was a destination unless you lived in that town.

We had 2 outlet centers both had good deals and the more popular brands for teens.

It is an anywhere USA, any place USA mall and there is nothing wrong with that.
In Little Rock we had one dying mall and one okay mall about on the level of Carolina Place but it was extremely tiny and only had one anchor (Dillard's). Most people drove to Dallas or Memphis to go to a "real" mall or just ordered online. Even Memphis' best mall was about like Northlake with the addition of Apple. A lot of people complain about the shopping here but Charlotte has very good malls for its size.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:34 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,991,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
I went to the Carolina Mall once, because there was I thought was a JC Penny. It was small and I would never shop there again.
There is a JCP there and its regular sized. The mall nor JCP are small. If you want a small JCP and a small mall, go to Monroe.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:33 PM

111 posts, read 323,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post

I never called Carolina Place "ghetto". It's no where near that. But the mall itself is Dated. Especially the department stores. It could use some fresh paint inside and outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte