Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 11:47 AM

12 posts, read 50,427 times

Advertisements

Hi all - I don't post too often but access City-Data as an excellent resource.

Moderator cut: consumer complaint

To keep over a year of disgust concise, I will sum this up as Daddy Ball. Try outs are a complete facade as key positions are contrived before they even begin. Coach's kids get to the best positions and advanced leagues even though they don't even attend the try-outs, when and if they have them. In football this is especially poignant as kids are faced with a season of center or offensive line even though they may be the fastest runner on the team.

It is sickening, disheartening, particularly to the children that witness parents acting without any value system and become disillusioned. I recommend other recreational associations like MARA, Park Sharon and the YMCA for a much more equitable and enjoyable experience.

Best of luck to all your kids in the other excellent sporting programs in Charlotte.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-07-2011 at 12:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 12:10 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,370,288 times
I don't know which rec association you have experienced this with, but this is pretty typical behavior these days. It doesn't look like CMS is going to have middle school sports next year but it happens there too. I know a guy who coached football at a Charlotte middle school. He didn't have kids in the school but one of the kids who tried out was the son of a friend. He admitted to me that he put the kid on the team because of the friendship, and that the kid really wasn't good enough to play. Whenever I see the kid (and it certainly wasn't the child's fault) I can't help but wonder whose heart was broken because his parents weren't friendly with the coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte