Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 08:10 AM

716 posts, read 1,544,035 times

Advertisements

Ani, my experience with getting mail in zip 28226 has been somewhat similar to yours. I would think you should get your mail today I am guessing that it got put on a wrong route and fyi USPS just likes to put it in the system that the mail was attempted to be delivered when it really wasn't just to make the USPS look good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 08:54 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,427,356 times
We applied for ITINs for my son and I in April.
My sons turned up about 3 weeks later but mine never appeared.

Hence our tax refund was about $500 short.
About 5 weeks ago they said they would send the ITIN and a check for the $500
Still no sign of it.
I am wondering if this is more than just the postal service.

Old 08-16-2011, 04:49 AM

291 posts, read 869,718 times
Ani -
I think I would report this also - I think the number of post offices in this area is woefully inadequate! Not that that is any excuse....
Our carrier in this zip code seems to be pretty good, although I don't feel like I get my magazines on time!
Keep us "posted!"

Old 08-16-2011, 05:19 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Ani - So sorry you're in this mess. Interestingly, when I lived in 28270 zip I had the same issues you do. Been in 28226 for the last 2 years and haven't experienced any. I would assume the difference is the carrier. Clearly mine takes her job seriously and yours is just looking for a pay check.

Hope things get better!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:55 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Good luck getting anything done with the Post Office. They wonder why they are losing money when they give crappy service. Everytime I go in there I get a bad attitude from a lady wearing Lee Press On Nails.

My carrier constantly leaves my mailbox ajar so that when there is rain my mail gets wet. 90% is junk mail anyway. Complained several times but it still happens.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:31 AM

1,055 posts, read 2,126,398 times
I had a great postal lady when I lived in 28226. Now I am in 28210 and it is so-so. I ordered some tickets online back in June for a show at Blumenthal. The show was 10 days away when I ordered them and here it is the day before the show and they had not come yet. Called the ticket office and they confirmed they mailed them 2 days after I ordered them. Fortunately they left me another pair at Will Call. And one month later, my tickets arrived. I asked the postman why that was and he said he was on vacation that week and his supervisor wasn't able to find anyone to do his route. Yeh, right! I told him about the concert ticket dilemma and he just laughed. I'm wary of this guy!

Old 08-16-2011, 12:11 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,651,845 times
I feel really lucky! Our postman here is helpful, I always get packages, etc. - and that was the case at our former address, too. That mail carrier even helped us find our dog when he got out of the backyard fence once! The carrier here is friendly, and once when I needed a stamp, he took the envelope and said, "Don't worry about it, this one's on me!"

Like UNC4Me said, I guess the guys on these routes take their job seriously. I had no idea things were happening otherwise on other routes - I would definitely file a complaint. If enough people do that, they'll recognize they have a problem. I remember hearing about a carrier who just dumped bags of mail, rather than deliver them - he got in HUGE trouble, iirc.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:47 PM

183 posts, read 383,676 times
I've had 2 packages arrive damaged in the last month or so. Now obviously I can't prove where along the route they were delivered (both were from out of state).. but still, very disappointed with the USPS in general lately.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:56 AM

821 posts, read 1,853,696 times
These kinds of stories is the reason UPS and FedEx and private couriers have grown over the years, along with the use of email and on-line banking-- people just can't trust the Postal Service. And, at 44 cents a pop, who sends as many Christmas cards and other cards as they did 10 or 15 years ago? There's a small number of slackers that is causing the entire system problems and it only gets worse. At our office, we watched a carrier make a pick up at the big blue box at the end of the drive. Some pieces of mail fell on the street as he was raking mail into a basket. He never bothered to pick up the pieces that fell at his feet. One of the building tenants went out and picked up the lose mail and took it to the P.O. after work, along with a complaint. Carriers are cutting their own throats.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:12 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
We had absolutely horrible mail service when we lived in Ballantyne. It took a couple of months before we even started receiving our mail, and then we would be missing things all the time. When we moved to Steele Creek I went to the PO to change our address and forward mail. After a couple of weeks and still no mail, I went back to the Ballantyne PO and asked what happened. They said they never got my change of address (I gave it to them directly at the PO). I filled out another one on the spot, but the mail from those weeks was missing. To make a long story short, this went on for THREE MONTHS, and I had to visit the PO a total of six (!) times to get it straightened out. I never saw a shred of my mail in those three months.

Add that to the ever growing list of stuff I don't like about Ballantyne. We haven't had a single problem here in Steele Creek, and our mail carrier is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte