Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 09:40 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,220,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Miles and miles should be closer to about 4. Chapel Cove looks nice and it would be on my short list if I were house hunting again. Nice clubhouse, pool and other amenities.
There's a grocery store within 4 miles?!? Where, specifically? 4 miles as the crow flies maybe, lol.

Whitehall is at least 5 miles away. I can't imagine that Rivergate is any closer, and my point remains... go to a grocery store, get one item, try to get back to your house in less than half an hour. Unless the roads, checkout line, and parking lot are empty and you catch every light green it's an exercise in futility.

Chapel Cove is a nice little community... but it is remote (relatively). The closest gas station is a few miles away (Exxon at 160). There is a drugstore about the same distance. There will be a massive outlet mall soon, but it will clog up traffic getting on and off Shopton on that side of 160, further slowing down actually getting anywhere to do anything. It's a great place... as long as that's what you want. IF I were going to live on that side of town I'd pick Chapel Cove too (over Berewick or Aberdeen or Riverwood or the existing older neighborhoods). But to me it's still in the boondocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte