Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2011, 03:09 PM

378 posts, read 705,008 times

Advertisements

Well the past 14 hours have been a ball of fun.

About to go to bed, hear a boom, power goes out, hear another boom and think it's gunshots. Go peek out my back door and hear two more booms accompanied by the night sky turning bright.

Of course being nosy me I grab my pup and jump in the car. Drove around to see power out down toward Bailey Road and up through Davidson. Finally saw emergency vehicles at the Zion Road transformer and knew what happened.

Left my house an hour ago and still no power. We've heard between 12 -2, 4 p.m. and now possibly tomorrow.

I have to be thankful though that it's as warm as it is. I had trouble sleeping though (I usually sleep with a television on).

http://corneliusnews.net/blog/2011/11/14/update-cornelius-power-outage-may-last-until-7-p-m/

Traffic has not been bad though, it's actually better than usual on Catawba. Two Cornelius PD at Main/Catawba, two at Catawba/Old Statesville and two at the 77 exit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte