Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 08:30 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times

Advertisements

There are art galleries in Charlotte & in towns outside of Charlotte. In the spirit of the buy local for Christmas thread, let's make a list of them all. If possible, please include a link to a website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 04:24 PM

403 posts, read 878,455 times
southbound 295.......You really have a good idea here....hopefully it won't be lost in going to the Christmas thread....or the Shopping thread....or the Political thread....too many threads for me to even comprehend! I was just on the Christmas 2011...Birth of a New Tradition....and the poster had somewhat of the same idea...and it was suggested that he post on the Shopping or Political threads...Oops...they forgot the Christmas thread! How many good ideas "will be lost by trying to guess" which thead might hold the keys to possibly someone seeking information?

Old 11-20-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylbeth View Post
southbound 295.......You really have a good idea here....hopefully it won't be lost in going to the Christmas thread....or the Shopping thread....or the Political thread....too many threads for me to even comprehend! I was just on the Christmas 2011...Birth of a New Tradition....and the poster had somewhat of the same idea...and it was suggested that he post on the Shopping or Political threads...Oops...they forgot the Christmas thread! How many good ideas "will be lost by trying to guess" which thead might hold the keys to possibly someone seeking information?
Thanks, Sylbeth. I got the idea from the buy local for Christmas thread. A poster posted that she bought pottery as gifts elsewhere in the state, which is all well & good, but Shelby has an annual pottery show & there are galleries all over the region. I thought that having a thread specific to art galleries might help to keep some money right here in our region.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:11 PM

southbound_295......Please look at the post on page one...several posts up from yours...Christmas 2011...Birth of a New Tradition...where the poster is seemingly talking about buying American...and putting Americans back to work. He has a wonderful take on the idea....that I told him was good food for thought....especially with the holiday season right on us. Your idea was almost the same as his......but slightly different. It bothered me that he might post on another forum....where his idea would have been lost...and I wouldn't have seen it....because it made (to me)...just good common sense.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
southbound_295......Please look at the post on page one...several posts up from yours...Christmas 2011...Birth of a New Tradition...where the poster is seemingly talking about buying American...and putting Americans back to work. He has a wonderful take on the idea....that I told him was good food for thought....especially with the holiday season right on us. Your idea was almost the same as his......but slightly different. It bothered me that he might post on another forum....where his idea would have been lost...and I wouldn't have seen it....because it made (to me)...just good common sense.
I know, Sylbeth. One of the posters took him to task because it wasn't personalized to Charlotte.

I know for a fact that there are people selling at the little gallery in Kings Mountain who might have given the items for gifts, in the past, but now they are selling because they need the money. I know that the chance of a transplant coming to galleries west of Charlotte are slim to none, but I thought that if everyone pitched in with some galleries, it would up the odds for people who are trying to sell some arts & craftwork.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:52 PM

I was hoping that someone would post a gallery, so I'll start it.

Catawba River Artisans in Mt Holly - Catawba River Artisans, Mount Holly, N C

Old 11-20-2011, 08:35 PM

SB295......You are sooo right about the other post, that is why I said what I said....his thoughts and ideas were so good and important....and so are yours. I would rather buy from a craftsperson or take some of the ideas that the other poster talked about....they were so unique.
Maybe others who read your post may know of some art galleries that they could put on here....I know of one...Red Sky, it is in Charlotte...and they have some really unique items.
Good luck with your list....I will try to add some more later on.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
SB295......You are sooo right about the other post, that is why I said what I said....his thoughts and ideas were so good and important....and so are yours. I would rather buy from a craftsperson or take some of the ideas that the other poster talked about....they were so unique.
Maybe others who read your post may know of some art galleries that they could put on here....I know of one...Red Sky, it is in Charlotte...and they have some really unique items.
Good luck with your list....I will try to add some more later on.
+5

Thank you so much, Sylbeth. I appreciate the addition.

I'm hoping to have a list so that anytime of the year that people are looking for something they have local options.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:19 PM

Kings Mountain has a small gallery which is run by Southern Arts Society. There is usually a show, but there is also a gift shop.

Every year members design & make a calendar. This year's calendars are hand printed in a limited edition. The calendars are sold unbound in a frame & you rotate the pages within the frame.

The Southern Arts Society (http://www.southernartssociety.org/index.html - broken link)

Old 11-23-2011, 03:29 PM

128 posts, read 222,391 times
In Southend - I like Lark & Key - lark & key - art gallery and boutique - charlotte, nc - duy huynh and sandy snead

On E. 7th Street, Studio K is having an opening next Friday (I think that would be December 2nd) of affordable art for Christmas presents: Welcome

Wooden Stone Gallery in Davidson Wooden Stone Gallery Their lovely space there is a worth a drive, especially if you time it with a visit to downtown Davidson where i think they do some downtown holiday stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte