Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 01:25 PM

222 posts, read 550,370 times

Advertisements

OP, you need to describe exactly what happened to you in order to receive any meaningful comments. Your post basically consists of, "I moved to Charlotte and now my life sucks!" But we have no idea what exactly happened to cause your life to suck. As such, you're basically going to get a series of defensive responses until you actually tell your story, because what people around here are hearing from your post is "Charlotte caused my life to suck!" And the people on this board who live in Charlotte with non-sucky lives are naturally confused and irritated that you would imply that living in Charlotte will necessarily equal suckitude.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:34 PM

32 posts, read 53,131 times
Whoa, whoa- I never said it was myself who had their life turned upside down. I have recently come in contact with people who have moved here from other places that don't like it here in NC. One had lost their job, another his wife passed, tons of divorces after relocating and was wondering if people were moving back after such a horrible event or staying put.
FYI DMG thanks for the support!

Old 11-23-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
North Carolina isn't the problem. Its something wrong w/you,

whether you didn't do your homework or had unrealistic expectations.

Which is it?
WOW is all I can say.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:42 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,409,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mennc View Post
Whoa, whoa- I never said it was myself who had their life turned upside down. I have recently come in contact with people who have moved here from other places that don't like it here in NC. One had lost their job, another his wife passed, tons of divorces after relocating and was wondering if people were moving back after such a horrible event or staying put.
And everyone thought the water in Charlotte only had negative effects on pizza...

Old 11-23-2011, 02:46 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,552,562 times
Gee-
I think some dude moved here from Hawaii with combat knife and no job or shelter because of what people told him about Charlotte on City-Data. THAT'S TOTALLY NUTS!!! But I do believe the Bear population is down some since he got here.

Hopefully you did not do the same without reconnaissance first.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:05 PM

763 posts, read 822,522 times
Quote:
It is a funny world. I know people that have gotten jobs, brought life into the world, tons of marriages, and the oposite experiences you discuss. Call me crazy, but don't people die, get divorces, and lose jobs in other cities?

Old 11-23-2011, 03:07 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,337,266 times
OK, now that everything has been cleared up, the answer to your question is no, (edit) I mean yes.. (edit) I mean maybe.. not me, but probably somebody else.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:12 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,350,275 times
life turned upside down after moving to Charlotte

Same here... Which coaster did it for you? This is the one that did it for me!!!

Afterburn at Carowinds - YouTube

Old 11-23-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
It is a funny world. I know people that have gotten jobs, brought life into the world, tons of marriages, and the oposite experiences you discuss. Call me crazy, but don't people die, get divorces, and lose jobs in other cities?
Yet another caring person- ya'll enjoy Thanksgiving, I have a life to attend to.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:51 PM

441 posts, read 1,487,966 times
Quote:
Yet another caring person- ya'll enjoy Thanksgiving, I have a life to attend to.
These are the same people we share our roads with. Did you really expect a cooperative considerate answer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte