Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 08:42 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,717,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiiR God save the Queen View Post
To stmaarten My appolgies i did not intend to offend, as for my spelling no excuses.
Where was i, LKNArea yes, I will be over in the second week of November.
Have to find a pub thats showing the England Euro 2008 or convince the manger of one that he should show them. It always seems better in a pub.
PS stmaarten its only friendly banter! I dont get offended when they refer to me as a island monkey, and to be honest i was talking about my work colleagues not you. In with anger out with love. Vienna
What a true gentleman/lady! Thanks for that!
Island monkey??? Never heard of that. Whatever happened to Limey?
There are enough people interested in football (soccer) here in Charlotte. You'll surely find the games somewhere! When you find the place they show it, let me know, so I can show up wearing my old "England's number seven" jersey BLECH!
Wait, you were talking about football, weren't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 08:54 AM

8 posts, read 19,943 times
Is there a tottenham hotspur supporters club in Charlotte, NC

Old 12-19-2007, 01:03 PM
bkp

3 posts, read 6,513 times
I'm Irish myself and I really like RiRa's Uptown. The atmosphere is great (noisy, smokey) and the food and drinks are fantastic. However, I am not much of a sports fan so I can't help you there.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:47 PM

240 posts, read 731,924 times
Smile Brit pubs

Try Jackalopes on East 7th Street.
We went there for the World Cup (much better than Big Ben).

Atmosphere was brilliant. Full of Brits. Felt like being back home.

O'Shea's is an Irish Pub at The Foutains on Ardrey Kell

Old 12-19-2007, 06:48 PM

240 posts, read 731,924 times
Smile Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnava View Post
Is there a tottenham hotspur supporters club in Charlotte, NC

I have not heard of one but I know we Brits are on in increase in Charlotte!!!

I used to be a Wimbledon supporter - in the glory days when they played at Plough Lane and beat Liverpool in the 1988 F.A. Cup.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:57 PM

116 posts, read 332,990 times
My Geordie 2cents....

No one mentioned Jackalopes on 7th St?? Ran by Rob of German heritage and Andy straight from South Shields...... Newcastle/Tyneside for the geographically challenged

I've been here 10 years and ANY competition involving England I've always gone there....it must be popular because literally hundreds think the same way when the likes of the world cup or Euro comps are on.
I remember when we went out to the demise of Portugal there was shoulder to shoulder room only and the bar was nothing more than a sea of red shirts and flags! Definitely the unofficial 'HQ' for the tournament.......
Also they do a 'Full Monty' English breakfast and yes with real Heinz baked beans and HP sauce!

Big Ben give me a break! terrible service and food with a grumpy landlord....I won't go back.....

Alas all bars including Ri-Ra's, Jackalopes and the like won't put qualifyers on the box if Setanta deems certain matches to be on there premium level. Setanta charges exorbitant fees to pubs and bars and I've called around before and no one wants to pay the $$$$ for the few lads and lasses that may attend, so you end up watching it in the privacy of your home and shell out the $25 or so for the game.........just like the Croatia debacle the other week

Howay the lads!

Old 12-19-2007, 07:04 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,951,063 times
I agree the landlord at Big Ben's is a miserable ol' git. I will never go back there again. I have never been to Jackalopes but I hear its the place to be for the Limey's

Old 12-19-2007, 08:28 PM

21 posts, read 50,127 times
For rugby, start here:

http://charlotterugby.com/

The club is in the Premier League (1st division in the USA). We have a clubhouse with a nice pitch out on northwest side of town. The club bought and showed all the recent world cup matches. England did very well as you know. Lots of Brits, Scots and SA's with the club.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:05 PM

116 posts, read 332,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btgo View Post
For rugby, start here:

http://charlotterugby.com/

The club is in the Premier League (1st division in the USA). We have a clubhouse with a nice pitch out on northwest side of town. The club bought and showed all the recent world cup matches. England did very well as you know. Lots of Brits, Scots and SA's with the club.
Tis' true......I was there for a couple of the England games including the final.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:09 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
What a true gentleman/lady! Thanks for that!
Island monkey??? Never heard of that. Whatever happened to Limey?
There are enough people interested in football (soccer) here in Charlotte. You'll surely find the games somewhere! When you find the place they show it, let me know, so I can show up wearing my old "England's number seven" jersey BLECH!
Wait, you were talking about football, weren't you?
It is my understanding that Charlotte has one of the best rugby teams in the U.S.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte