Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 05:16 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times

Advertisements

Charlotte thugs, at work:

Hotel guests in for CIAA robbed at gunpoint overnight - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Guests at the The Best Western Hotel off of East Woodlawn Road near I-77 were robbed over night.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said they received a call just after 1am from several people staying in one of the rooms on the third floor.

A group of people were enjoying the night air in the hotel breezeway after a day of festivities, when they were confronted by two unknown men who pulled guns on the guests.

The suspects were pretty brazen, not even bothering to cover their faces during the crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 06:42 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
I know how they feel, I got robbed at gunpoint at a motel back in 93. You feel relatively safe at the place (for some reason) so it is a little jarring. After that, I never left my door unlocked and avoided common areas when possible.

Not a problem now, of course, since my wife would never allow us to stay in a motel because of her discriminating tastes.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:46 AM

1,921 posts, read 2,018,059 times
Not really CIAA-related, but more of a target-of-opportunity crime, as they were hanging out outside the motel, late at night. It could have happened to anyone, but the upshot is that some CIAA guests are going to go home with a bad impression of Charlotte.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:35 AM

181 posts, read 353,693 times
amazing that they have zero description of the thugs,especially since they were so brazen as to not cover their faces and half a dozen people were in the hallway.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:10 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,399,620 times
This seems like a drug deal gone bad.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:51 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC72 View Post
amazing that they have zero description of the thugs,especially since they were so brazen as to not cover their faces and half a dozen people were in the hallway.
Did it say the didn't have a description? The article made it sound like they did have a description - it said the guys had been brazen and hadn't even bothered to cover their faces.

It is odd they didn't give a description in the article, now that I think about it.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:16 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,554,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Charlotte thugs, at work:

Hotel guests in for CIAA robbed at gunpoint overnight - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Guests at the The Best Western Hotel off of East Woodlawn Road near I-77 were robbed over night.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said they received a call just after 1am from several people staying in one of the rooms on the third floor.

A group of people were enjoying the night air in the hotel breezeway after a day of festivities, when they were confronted by two unknown men who pulled guns on the guests.

The suspects were pretty brazen, not even bothering to cover their faces during the crime.

That is really sad. When we stayed at a Hotel across from Acropolis in Cornelius before we moved here, I got a really bad feeling at that hotel. The next day we were out of there. What is this world coming to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte