Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 06:34 PM

152 posts, read 476,706 times

Advertisements

So we moved to Summerfield (NW of Greensboro) about 1 week ago. The moving company was excellent, I would highly recommend them (PM if anyone wants to know). So the move went really smooth, we drove from NY to NC in our 2 vehicles, and that wasn't so bad either.
After all the stress of selling our old home and buying new in another state, I have to let everyone know that so far, I think it was worth every bit of it. We absolutely love it here, the kids settled into school without a hitch, the weather has been nice, and the people have been friendly and welcoming.
So far, so good!!!!! Very happy with our choice.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2006, 06:46 PM

293 posts, read 958,823 times
Jackie,
So glad to hear you are happy. We can't wait to get down there. I'm sending you a PM.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:10 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,854,415 times
Good luck. Glad you liked it.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:32 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,085,688 times
Congratualtions!!!!!

Hope to be in your position soon.

SL

Old 09-15-2006, 07:43 PM
JAS

582 posts, read 2,041,148 times
Default Great!

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Be sure to take a few day trips into the mountains this fall. Another beautiful place during the fall is Old Salem (directly south of downtown Winston-Salem) - we stopped by there a couple of weeks ago to pick up some goodies at the Winkler Bakery, and we stroll through the streets every so often throughout the year. The Guilford Courthouse Park, Bicentennial Gardens, and Bog Garden in GSO are also nice during the fall (as well as any other time of the year).

You're only about 2 hrs from the Boone/Blowing Rock area, and not even that far from Mabry Mill off the Blue Ridge Parkway in VA.

Another seasonal activity that we started a few yrs ago is to pick out our Christmas tree at a choose-and-cut tree farm in the mountains after Thanksgiving. We've visited the Lil Grandfather Mountain Tree farm and always had a great time (you can Google it).

Don't eat too much at Elizabeth's at Oak Ridge!

Old 09-15-2006, 07:45 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,906,806 times
Much continued happiness !!

Old 09-15-2006, 08:37 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weis02 View Post
Much continued happiness !!
DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO

Old 09-15-2006, 11:28 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie1014 View Post
So we moved to Summerfield (NW of Greensboro) about 1 week ago. The moving company was excellent, I would highly recommend them (PM if anyone wants to know). So the move went really smooth, we drove from NY to NC in our 2 vehicles, and that wasn't so bad either.
After all the stress of selling our old home and buying new in another state, I have to let everyone know that so far, I think it was worth every bit of it. We absolutely love it here, the kids settled into school without a hitch, the weather has been nice, and the people have been friendly and welcoming.
Jackie, your last sentences sums it up very nicely. All the best on this new adventure. Welcome to North Carolina!

Old 09-16-2006, 09:02 AM

463 posts, read 1,651,048 times
Default Welcome, Jackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie1014 View Post
WELCOME TO NORTH CAROLINA!!!

Glad to see your trip went well and that y'all are settled in!

Regards,

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 09-16-2006 at 09:18 AM..

Old 09-16-2006, 09:34 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,757,015 times
Always enjoy reading about happy outcomes! Wishing you much happiness in your new home Jackie! (And, would you please PM the moving company info? Thanks!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte