Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 06:21 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,018 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. Just wanted to chime in and by no means am I trying to hijack this thread. I was just wondering how peoples experiences with Sun Trust are? I'm trying to leave BofA.

To add to the growing list of why you should switch from Bank of America:

In 2010, they funded the manufacturing of cluster-bombs which are internationally illegal. http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/10/29-1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 07:05 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,761,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
I'm confused. What is an "imaging" fee? I bank at BOFA. I have three accounts and I have no service charges of any kind. I don't do wire transfers, so I don't know about that.
for me it's to view check images online. Wells also charges for Quicken direct access. That's four fees offered to me.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:11 PM

930 posts, read 2,160,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
for me it's to view check images online. Wells also charges for Quicken direct access. That's four fees offered to me.
Seriously, just to look at your images of checks online?

Old 05-10-2012, 09:15 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,761,662 times
Quote:
I think I'm wrong. I must have been looking at another account

https://www.wellsfargo.com/help/wfon...images_faqs#Q7

Old 05-11-2012, 05:14 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
Quote:
Perhaps this will help with this mess: https://www3.bankofamerica.com/efulf...D.20120507.htm

Old 05-11-2012, 05:18 AM

ETA: I deal with BOA in SC, Ga, and NYC-----Of course this schedule only lists S.C.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:25 AM

8,038 posts, read 10,631,014 times
Did you have any money in the bank? Any time deposits or loans with them? Or did you just cash your check every payday and leave $1 to keep the account open.

Banking isn't free, nor are they a public service which seems to be what a lot of people think. Banks have to make a profit just like a retail store or other business. Customers who just use banks for check cashing purposes, etc. are actually a COST to a bank, due to the maintenance of the account and cost of printing, processing, and mailing monthly statements.

If you're a good, and valuable, bank customer, you will be, much, much happier at a smaller, local bank or credit union where you will be more than just a number and they will get to know you and value your business.. The main advantage to BOA and the other "too big to fail" banks is that they have so many branches in so many locations. Is the "imaging" fee the same as a statement print out?

Old 05-11-2012, 06:47 AM

6 posts, read 13,906 times
Default Imaging Fees

Quote:
I'm confused. What is an "imaging" fee? I bank at BOFA. I have three accounts and I have no service charges of any kind. I don't do wire transfers, so I don't know about that.
It's relatively new, as I have PNC Bank & if you go online to view the activity & wonder what check #1183 was for $52, then click on it, they will tell you the bank may charge you to see it. So jump out & take a look at your account & see that it says it's free, then go take a look. Next time viewing the activity, it will be a $3 fee they charged you for each time you look at any image of a check.

As for Bank of America, just be glad you don't owe them money, as they will write their own check if you're unable to pay. Then Chase will say that since you owe them money there's nothing they can do. They will do it again the following month, too, until you finally close the account just to keep them from tapping into it. Chase pays them whether you have the money or not & if you don't, you're forced to pay Chase back or by law you will be banned from ever getting another checking account, anywhere.

The banks are only in it for the money & their loyalty lies with each other.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:26 AM

It's rare for me NOT to look at images. Who endorsed it? When? Where does this guy bank? WShy did he go to a check cashing service? What do mean I need a pay a late fee....you processed it 5 days ago! etc, etc.

What value is there with an account on line and not looking at it?
LOL...like a 25 cent Peep Show in Times Square NYC.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:49 AM

504 posts, read 800,776 times
I'm have been a BofA customer for over 20 years. I like the convenience of it. I travel a lot and they are everywhere. There is no online image fee for me plus I get free incoming wires and a free safe deposit box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte