Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 12:06 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMan_72 View Post
I'm have been a BofA customer for over 20 years. I like the convenience of it. I travel a lot and they are everywhere. There is no online image fee for me plus I get free incoming wires and a free safe deposit box.
Just don't ever try to get a mortgage from them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 12:16 PM

504 posts, read 800,776 times
I've had mortgage in the past with BofA, didn't have any problems. That doesn't mean others do though....

Old 05-11-2012, 12:22 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
I've had mortgage in the past with BofA, didn't have any problems. That doesn't mean others do though....
Did you get one since the 2008 banking debacle? That seems to be when they began going downhill. There are postings all over the internet about how bad they are to deal with now. I mean, it's really ugly. And I can't even begin to tell you my personal experience with them, but trust me, it was a nightmare. Wish I'd found all the complaints about them online beforehand.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:28 PM

504 posts, read 800,776 times
I hear you. Mine was prior to 2008.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:19 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,339,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
It's rare for me NOT to look at images. Who endorsed it? When? Where does this guy bank? WShy did he go to a check cashing service? What do mean I need a pay a late fee....you processed it 5 days ago! etc, etc.

What value is there with an account on line and not looking at it?
LOL...like a 25 cent Peep Show in Times Square NYC.
I bank with BOA and use online and have never heard of an "imaging fee."

From what I can tell New Bank of America $3 Check-Image Fee on Paper Statements - MyBankTracker.com it is only for getting check images on your paper statements, thus encouraging you to do it online.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:21 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
Quote:
I'm have been a BofA customer for over 20 years. I like the convenience of it. I travel a lot and they are everywhere. There is no online image fee for me plus I get free incoming wires and a free safe deposit box.
By the time I finish with them I'm going to have what you have (I used to have it) and more. Thinking of leaving my shoes at the branch each nite and getting their free shoe shine. You get that don't you?? Maybe the service is only in Savannah....I don't know....

Old 05-11-2012, 04:22 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I bank with BOA and use online and have never heard of an "imaging fee."

From what I can tell New Bank of America $3 Check-Image Fee on Paper Statements - MyBankTracker.com it is only for getting check images on your paper statements, thus encouraging you to do it online.
No. Wrong. I don't have paper statements.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:27 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,339,296 times
No, I think you're wrong.

Bank of America | Please Select Your State

Quote:
Can I see my statements online? Can I see my statements with check images online?

Yes, your statements with check images are now available online when you go paperless. With our online statements service, we provide images of the front of your canceled checks as part of your statement—up to 10 images to a page. You can view, print, and download up to 18 months of your statements with check images online at anytime.

Why should you go paperless?
You receive exactly the same information in an online version of your statement through Online Banking as you would with a paper version
You get an email each month notifying you that your statement is available for viewing online
You receive your online statements several days before you receive your paper statements
You can order copies of paper statements beyond what is available online. We keep copies of your statements for seven years
You can resume getting your statements with Check Safekeeping or check images in conventional mail at any time ($3.00 fee may apply).
You may be able to reduce your threat of mail fraud or identity theft

I currently pay a monthly fee to get images of my checks with my statement. Can I avoid this fee?

Yes, you can avoid the fee by switching to our Check Safekeeping service. Contact your Client Manager or a customer service representative at the number listed on your statement. You can also sign in to Online Banking and select Go paperless under your eligible account(s) on the Accounts Overview screen. When you go paperless, your Online Banking statements will include your check images as part of the statement. You can also view your check images within your Account Activity for up to 12 months.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:03 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,019,704 times
Credit unions all the way. The only advantage to a big bank like that is out of town ATMs. But nowadays, who needs to use cash anyway?

Old 05-11-2012, 06:48 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post

That's enough. Off my chest now. Thank you City Data. Costs a whole lot less here than going to a shrink.
Find a Credit Union you can join. You will be much happier, and 'if' they have any fee's, they will be tiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte