Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 02:02 PM

335 posts, read 699,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
First thing that came to my mind is the cats you see on funniest home videos...
Yup. Not very intimidating. Would you wear a jersey that says CATS? How about a jersey that says DOGS, or HAMSTERS, or PARAKEETS? Wake me up when Benson releases the Hornets naming rights.

P.S. Straight from the horse's mouth (Bob Bass, Hornets GM circa 1996), here is the angle on the 28-year-old-Vlade-for-a-just-finished-puberty-Kobe trade:
“Let’s start out this way, ” Bass said. “There had never been a high school player come into the league that didn’t play in the front court.”
“Secondly, 12 other teams passed on Kobe Bryant; 12 other teams said, ‘I don’t want him.’ The Nets even got a workout. He refused to work out with us. He didn’t work out with anybody. We had talks on the trade, but we didn’t make it for about 3 1/2 weeks. We had a chance to get a 7-foot-(1) center who had been very successful in the league.
“You add all those three things together, that’s why the decision was made. Plus, he couldn’t make a jump shot when he first came into the league. We won 54 the first year Divac was there and 51 the next year. The only problem with that (Hornets) team was Michael Jordan was in his hey-day and Patrick Ewing had that great New York team. And we were in the Eastern Conference. That’s what happened on that.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 02:06 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
yeah you can't really fault an owner for taking a proven NBA player over a kid.

I wouldn't wear any basketball jerseys because that's not my style but the font and colors are great.. It's just bad timing to shorten the name to CATS after going 7-59.

Change the name to ThunderCats.... might even trick some people into thinking we merged with OKC

Old 06-26-2012, 02:09 PM

335 posts, read 699,231 times
I just figured it out! CATS, the Charlotte Area Transit System, must be offering sponsorship money. Now it all makes sense!

Old 06-26-2012, 04:51 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
Quote:
yeah you can't really fault an owner for taking a proven NBA player over a kid.

I wouldn't wear any basketball jerseys because that's not my style but the font and colors are great.. It's just bad timing to shorten the name to CATS after going 7-59.

Change the name to ThunderCats.... might even trick some people into thinking we merged with OKC
Or that Charlotte merged with a cartoon...

ThunderCats Intro [HD] - YouTube

Old 06-26-2012, 05:25 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,461,335 times
Quote:
I thought the Bobcats were pretty scrappy when they had Stephen Jackson and G. Wallace...

If the Bobcats would be a huge success if they could get ACC officials to ref their games.
Haha that one season was why I only said in a vast majority of their existence instead of all of it.

Don't even get me started on the joke that is ACC officials. Jeez

Jordan would love Barnes I'm sure but he won't be there beyond 4.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:57 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
You really think Barnes jumped into the top 5? I think he will in the 8 to 10 range but I did hear he impressed at the combine.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:54 PM

Oh wow, the Bobcats did something smart?

Land Ben Gordon and a protected 2013 pick for Corey Magette.

I really like that move for the Cats. Gives them a shooter they DESPERATELY needed and now it opens up a spot for MKG to come on board and take spaghetti Magette's place in the starting lineup (not that Corey wouldn't be hurt and MKG be in there anyways, but...).

Barnes is gone before pick 5 IMO based purely on the belief that he'll be great, just like in college and being a preseason all-american as a freshman and sophomore.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:22 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,389,805 times
I'm a Cavs fan and I got a strong feeling that the Bobcats are going to trade down and take Cavs 4th pick and another pick (they own #24, 33, 34 picks)so the Cavs can get Beal...

Old 06-26-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
I'm a Cavs fan and I got a strong feeling that the Bobcats are going to trade down and take Cavs 4th pick and another pick (they own #24, 33, 34 picks)so the Cavs can get Beal...
Really hope that happens. We can get either MKG or Robinson, one of them will be there and get another decent talent as well in this relatively deep draft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte