Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 08:31 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,220,377 times

Advertisements

I'm craving prime rib from a restaurant, but I'd like to have it for (a lot) less than $80 a person. Sullivan's has been my favorite, but I haven't been in a couple years, at least. That seems to be the OTD price no matter what premium place I go. It's been a while but I also liked the prime rib at Harper's. Certainly that's a lot less than Sullivan's, Ruth's Chris, Capital Grille, etc. I don't care much about an expensive...err...exTensive...wine list, but I do think one of the differences between an average place and a premium restaurant is the quality of the sides. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 08:35 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,182,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I'm craving prime rib from a restaurant, but I'd like to have it for (a lot) less than $80 a person. Sullivan's has been my favorite, but I haven't been in a couple years, at least. That seems to be the OTD price no matter what premium place I go. It's been a while but I also liked the prime rib at Harper's. Certainly that's a lot less than Sullivan's, Ruth's Chris, Capital Grille, etc. I don't care much about an expensive...err...exTensive...wine list, but I do think one of the differences between an average place and a premium restaurant is the quality of the sides. Thoughts?
Firebirds has some pretty good prime rib.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:39 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Our favorite regular place for prime rib (one of my favorite things!) is Beauregard's on Freedom Dr.

Beauregard's - West Charlotte - Charlotte | Urbanspoon

It's not fancy, but it's affordable and the prime rib is good

Old 07-11-2012, 09:19 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,220,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
Firebirds has some pretty good prime rib.
I've had it. Not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Our favorite regular place for prime rib (one of my favorite things!) is Beauregard's on Freedom Dr.

Beauregard's - West Charlotte - Charlotte | Urbanspoon

It's not fancy, but it's affordable and the prime rib is good
That place is still open?? My softball team went there for beers and wings 15 years ago. I didn't know they even served prime rib.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:21 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
I've had it. Not bad.

That place is still open?? My softball team went there for beers and wings 15 years ago. I didn't know they even served prime rib.
It's the only thing I ever get there, lol.

The place is a favorite of cops and fire fighters - you'll usually always see a group there

Old 07-11-2012, 09:47 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,832,914 times
I've been a fan of the prime rib at T-Bones on Lake Wylie. They used to do a huge cut and it was quite good. Priced nicely, too. And you get a potato and a salad.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:28 PM

300 posts, read 763,427 times
Default prime rib-Harper Restaurant-South Park location

Harper Restaurant-south Park location
went to dinner there last tuesday they had the prime rib special. My cousin order it. It was huge and delish ! MY cousin loves his prime rib.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:33 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,609,285 times
I'm sure some will turn their nose up at this, but Texas Roadhouse prime rib is not bad especially for the price point. If you are looking for a good, inexpensive one it fits the bill.

I will say that the quality has varied from visit to visit, but it is usually OK.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:12 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,652,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I'm sure some will turn their nose up at this, but Texas Roadhouse prime rib is not bad especially for the price point. If you are looking for a good, inexpensive one it fits the bill.

I will say that the quality has varied from visit to visit, but it is usually OK.
I do a little mystery shopping - I love it when Texas Roadhouse comes up on the rotation. Always good service there.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:59 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,799,251 times
I agree with you about quality of sides. The Lobeter Mac and Cheese is unsurpassed at The Capital Grille, and for my money it's the best steak (whatever cut) in the area. I'm partial to the porcini rubbed delmonico with the 12 year aged balsamic.

If you're looking for a better priced Prime Rib, the Village Tavern in Southpark has a good one. With the rising costs of doing business, I'm starting to see a decline in "Mass Chain Steak Restaurants" i.e. Outback, Texas Roadhouse, Logans steak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte