Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 10:51 AM

11 posts, read 18,109 times

Advertisements

Hey, I'm trying to find a house in Charlotte , NC to rent. I need 4 bedrooms but would settle for 3 bedrooms . I've tried craigslist but still can't find any help . Where do you search to find affordable housing in Charlotte ? I'd prefer to rent under a private owner and/or landlord (rental agencies are sooo anal about having good credit!!!) I can provide at maximum $1500 a month for rent. Please ANYBODY help!!! I'm desperate to move ASAP!!! Please and thank you for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 11:11 AM

13,374 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMitt View Post
Hey, I'm trying to find a house in Charlotte , NC to rent.....(rental agencies are sooo anal about having good credit!!!) I can provide at maximum $1500 a month for rent.
So you have less than stellar credit, and you need a big, inexpensive house. Why are you looking at Charlotte rather than a small town out in an less expensive area?

I used Realtor.com, and there are a couple of townhouse or apartment communities with three bedroom units in Charlotte in your price range.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:24 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMitt View Post
Hey, I'm trying to find a house in Charlotte , NC to rent. I need 4 bedrooms but would settle for 3 bedrooms . I've tried craigslist but still can't find any help . Where do you search to find affordable housing in Charlotte ? I'd prefer to rent under a private owner and/or landlord (rental agencies are sooo anal about having good credit!!!) I can provide at maximum $1500 a month for rent. Please ANYBODY help!!! I'm desperate to move ASAP!!! Please and thank you for any help.
What part of Charlotte? Where is your job located?

Old 11-05-2012, 11:31 AM

642 posts, read 1,170,812 times
Look on www.zillow.com and set the Filters for Rent and the area you want.

I rent out property and I INSIST on a good credit record. I want my rent. It is my retirement income. No rent, no food.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:35 AM

42 posts, read 55,664 times
I just sent you a Private Message.

Even most independent landlords will do a thorough background check and credit check...especially in this economy.

I think you need to call a realtor and see if they can help you. They assist in finding rentals and I don't think it costs much, if anything.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:51 AM

642 posts, read 1,170,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissitaliangirl View Post
I just sent you a Private Message.

Even most independent landlords will do a thorough background check and credit check...especially in this economy.

I think you need to call a realtor and see if they can help you. They assist in finding rentals and I don't think it costs much, if anything.
Using a realtor is a very good idea. My realtor does not charge tenants anything for showing houses. She charges me 1 month rent each time I change tenants and 8% of further gross rent. I think that this is all money well spent since she handles all my tenant relation and should I be out of town for a week or so, my tenants are well taken care of.

The key thing is that she needs to get people into properties quickly since as I said before. No rent, no food.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:56 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Our OP has discovered important info that all folks need to know...

Your credit report can make or break you.

This goes not only for renting property, but sometimes for even getting a job.

I hope people are paying attention!

Old 11-05-2012, 12:04 PM

527 posts, read 920,024 times
Moving from Gastonia to Charlotte? Why not stay put?

Old 11-05-2012, 01:31 PM

There are just simply more job opportunities in Charlotte so I choose to relocate

Old 11-05-2012, 01:35 PM

Do you have any 3 or 4 bedroom homes for rent in the Charlotte area for less than $1500 amount in rent . My income is very valid , so there's no problem about paying on time... could you inbox me some contact info I'd appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte