Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 06:00 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times

Advertisements

I went to the bass shoe outlet at the little mall at the entrance of carowinds. I found a nice pair of weejuns for about 80 bucks. I haven't been there for many years and was real impressed with all of the little latino shops with all kinds of stuff and cool cloths you dont see at south park .It is sort of an in door flee market. I plan to go back when I have more time or perhaps another pair of bass shoes. Bass is old school cool. I am going to the beach soon and may just have to do a little shaggin and everyone knows you must have on weejuns to do any real shaggin.
Attached Thumbnails
The mall at carowinds.-650420-p-multiview.jpg  

Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,811,485 times
I used to like the plaza de fiesta but they closed down a lot of the cool stores. I was very disappointed in my last visit there.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I used to like the plaza de fiesta but they closed down a lot of the cool stores. I was very disappointed in my last visit there.
I did notice lots of vacant store fronts........I really hate to mention this but when I parked I evidently was at the rear section entrance. I got out of my car and then I smelled a faint odor of weed. Makes me wonder. I think I would have liked it better during the plaza de fiesta period. ..

Old 08-18-2013, 01:51 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,811,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I did notice lots of vacant store fronts........I really hate to mention this but when I parked I evidently was at the rear section entrance. I got out of my car and then I smelled a faint odor of weed. Makes me wonder. I think I would have liked it better during the plaza de fiesta period. ..
lol! I never noticed that. The yummy latin cooking is all I ever smell.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:31 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,583,268 times
Quote:
I went to the bass shoe outlet at the little mall at the entrance of carowinds. I found a nice pair of weejuns for about 80 bucks. I haven't been there for many years and was real impressed with all of the little latino shops with all kinds of stuff and cool cloths you dont see at south park .It is sort of an in door flee market. I plan to go back when I have more time or perhaps another pair of bass shoes. Bass is old school cool. I am going to the beach soon and may just have to do a little shaggin and everyone knows you must have on weejuns to do any real shaggin.
U paid 80 bucks for those! Lol I don't know if bass was ever hip or cool!

Old 08-18-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Bass weejuns have been a desired good looking well made shoe since the 60s I know. Perhaps longer. I recall my 8th grade science teacher back in 1963 who was sporting a pair and mentioned he didn't even know they were stylish he just liked them. Back in the day being dressed nice was important You are right that you don't know..You need to learn about style my man Ask anyone over 50 and they will tell you that the bass weejuns are old school cool. The stylish ladies have always liked them too. My girlfriend in 1966 even had a pair of weejuns......80 bucks is a bargain. The last pair I bought before bass even had its own outlet cost me 100 bucks and that was 7 or 8 years ago. These shoes have real 100% leather soles......what are the soles made of on the shoes you are wearing now

Old 08-18-2013, 07:32 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,019,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Do not know the brand at all but they look nice, if they are as well made as they look then I would say that is a good deal.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:47 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,583,268 times
Quote:
Bass weejuns have been a desired good looking well made shoe since the 60s I know. Perhaps longer. I recall my 8th grade science teacher back in 1963 who was sporting a pair and mentioned he didn't even know they were stylish he just liked them. Back in the day being dressed nice was important You are right that you don't know..You need to learn about style my man Ask anyone over 50 and they will tell you that the bass weejuns are old school cool. The stylish ladies have always liked them too. My girlfriend in 1966 even had a pair of weejuns......80 bucks is a bargain. The last pair I bought before bass even had its own outlet cost me 100 bucks and that was 7 or 8 years ago. These shoes have real 100% leather soles......what are the soles made of on the shoes you are wearing now
please read your post. its comical. Those shoes might have been old school cool in the 80's. If your happy with then great. As for the shoes I wore today they were clarks. I'll put them up against any pair of bass's any day of the week. My fun going out shoes are Mark Nasons, and stacy adams, both with leather soles.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:53 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,238,982 times
Are grown men trash-talking about dress shoes on the Charlotte forum? Just wanted to be sure...

This thread might tell prospective residents all they need to know...

Old 08-19-2013, 12:14 AM

all I know is that bass weejuns were the favorite shoe worn by James Dean, Steve McQueen, Frank Sinatra and even President Bush to name a few... You are stylin when you have on your weejuns... Weejuns are manly man shoes for manly men ...
Attached Thumbnails
The mall at carowinds.-images-13-.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte