Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 08:03 PM

14 posts, read 24,872 times

Advertisements

Hey all. Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good place for men's haircuts in or around Davidson.

I'm not (or don't think I am, anyway) a Sports Clips kind of fella, and in fact, try to steer clear of places that focus in in buzzer cuts (I appreciate some skilled scissor action, thank you very much). I saw Rooster's one day and thought that might be an option, but can't find anyone (or anywhere) who's said boo about the quality of the Cornelius location.

I don't want to say cost is not a concern, but it is definitely not #1 on my list of criteria. Just looking for someplace where a guy (who, it has turned out, historically, has some really difficult hair to cut well) can get a good haircut.

Davidson proper is not a necessity, but I'd rather not have to make the trip into Charlotte if I could help it.

Any thoughts/advice/hints/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 08:49 AM

Should've put this in the post title (can't edit at this point), but obviously, Cornelius, Huntersville, Mooresville suggestions/reviews are all welcome....I know options in Davidson itself are limited.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:33 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
There have been some other similar posts on the Charlotte forum about barbers in the area. You can use the search feature and find the threads.

I like to use Raeford's Barber Shop in Davidson. They are right on Main Street in the same building as Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Good haircuts and good conversation there too!

Old 08-26-2013, 02:59 PM

Thanks Stripes.

Search is my friend, and always my first stop. I just didn't find much in the way of recent, localized info there (with a couple/few exceptions). As I said, I'd prefer not having to make the trip into Charlotte if I didn't have to (and the vast majority of the similar posts/threads focus on Charlotte proper), and so thought I might send out a geographically specific appeal.

I saw on another thread that in addition to Raeford's, you also mentioned Pott's. Prefer one over the other? Either place have guys better with scissors (as opposed to clippers)?

Old 08-26-2013, 04:08 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
I use Raeford's about 95% of the time. Potts is OK; no problems there. Just enjoy the experience more at Raeford's.

If I recall, there is a mix at each shop of guys that use scissors versus guys that use clippers. Never really took notice of that. I usually just take the first available chair and let it happen.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:41 PM

12 posts, read 78,471 times
Marketplace Barbershop in Mooresville on Marketplace Ave off of Williamson Rd. near Harris Teeter.

Two barbers there, take great pride and have a good following.

Scissors, razors etc...

Old 08-28-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedfromNY View Post
Marketplace Barbershop in Mooresville on Marketplace Ave off of Williamson Rd. near Harris Teeter.

Two barbers there, take great pride and have a good following.

Scissors, razors etc...
Thank you very much, confused. Definitely sounds like someplace worth checking out. From the few online mentions/reviews I've been able to find (as well as their FB page), they seem to be positioned as a "man's man" type of barbershop....you don't think they'd laugh a "spiky bedhead" request out the door, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte