U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-09-2013, 07:47 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
1,969 posts, read 3,065,917 times
Reputation: 2884

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
We actually have the potential to eradicate a type of cancer within a generation. Why, why would you decline this?

A combination of ignorance and arrogance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-10-2013, 03:24 PM
 
Location: North of Hell, South of Heaven.
310 posts, read 590,619 times
Reputation: 495
Either answer the OP's questions, or stop spewing all of your ignorance and arrogance at them. Jeez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2013, 06:34 PM
 
1 posts, read 884 times
Reputation: 10
Default Pediatrician

Hey,

One of my friends who's son also has autism goes to Touchstone Health Associates. Message me if you want to know the docs name. I know they don't force it but they do require what the state requires eventually. I know with their son they like to space out the vaccines a much as possible.
But in NC you can't enter your child into Public School kindergarden without all the required vaccines by NC.
The only way to get around it is to go the religious belief route according to another friend of mine.

As for snakes...I don't like them at all......I've been here my whole life and have never seen one in person only dead in the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 07:25 AM
 
2,603 posts, read 4,270,313 times
Reputation: 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman704 View Post
Either answer the OP's questions, or stop spewing all of your ignorance and arrogance at them. Jeez.
We have no obligation to accept or coddle people who willfully make themselves and their children public health threats. They have the means and intelligence to take the proper steps. It is nothing but willful ignorance that they don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 10:58 AM
 
Location: North of Hell, South of Heaven.
310 posts, read 590,619 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
We have no obligation to accept or coddle people who willfully make themselves and their children public health threats. They have the means and intelligence to take the proper steps. It is nothing but willful ignorance that they don't.
If you and "the public" are vaccinated, as your implied tone would seem to indicate, what public health threat is anyone exposed to?

But by all means, keep thinking injecting mercury, aluminum, MSG, and formaldehyde into our children is a great idea. Epidemics and disease used to be Nature's way of keeping global population in check as well as ensuring that only the humans possessing genetics and bodies capable of fighting off and becoming immune to said diseases survived to pass on their non-vulnerable genetics to the next generation. Am I arrogant enough to assume what group me or my ancestors would've fallen into? Absolutely not. Just making a point that desperately needed to be made in this thread.

Your insane dedication to the cancer known as collectivism and the "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" mentality as well as your unwarranted antagonism against someone just asking a question or two sickens me, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Ayrsley
4,714 posts, read 8,458,675 times
Reputation: 3814
I won't touch on the vaccine / no vaccine issue, but I would guess finding a doc willing to not vaccinate further would be tough, considering the state mandates that indoor cats (who never go outside) must get rabies vaccinations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 11:40 AM
 
16,722 posts, read 14,611,808 times
Reputation: 41111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
It is coming from mexico and other nations being brought into this "melting pot".
Um, those people from Mexico & other nations were not vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 11:58 AM
 
16,722 posts, read 14,611,808 times
Reputation: 41111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metairie View Post
Sadly Polio is no longer on the vaccinated list for todays children. I don't want to argue about how to raise my child, I am pleading for this community's help finding a good pediatrician who will see an unvaccinated child. I read how someone else had a tough time finding a pediatrician who will even take on a non vaccinated patient in Charlotte.

What I have to offer is several million dollars brought into your economy and 15-40 jobs depending on if Charlotte will be the new main branch or just a satellite branch. My child will not bite you. He has manners, more so than any other kid his age. He has most of his vaccines anyway. He is autistic, he won't find comfort playing with your children either.
Wait, so you are deciding on whether to bring a multi-million dollar business to the area based on your child's & your dog's needs? Well bless your heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 07:56 PM
 
2,603 posts, read 4,270,313 times
Reputation: 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman704 View Post
If you and "the public" are vaccinated, as your implied tone would seem to indicate, what public health threat is anyone exposed to?
What a silly question? Did you really just ask that? And what a lazy, free-riding way to think about it. Why do my part when everyone else will let me free ride. You sound like a welfare mooch.

The anti-vaccer movement threatens to expose kids, who through the mere accident of their birth to ignorant parents, are susceptible to these diseases. There will always be a population out of reach of vaccines - children too young, those from other countries who were not vaccinated, those too poor or isolated to afford them. These diseases are still floating around out there. They've been drastically reduced, but they're still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman704 View Post
But by all means, keep thinking injecting mercury, aluminum, MSG, and formaldehyde into our children is a great idea. Epidemics and disease used to be Nature's way of keeping global population in check as well as ensuring that only the humans possessing genetics and bodies capable of fighting off and becoming immune to said diseases survived to pass on their non-vulnerable genetics to the next generation. Am I arrogant enough to assume what group me or my ancestors would've fallen into? Absolutely not. Just making a point that desperately needed to be made in this thread.
There is a thing called evidence and history. I know that 60 years ago, we had kids suffering in iron lungs in this country and remaining crippled for the rest of their lives. Young men made infertile by the mumps. We do not have that now. We had people dying of simple bacterial infections that today are cleared up with a five-day course of antibiotics. A few years before that, infant mortality was something like 30%. That's the world you want to live in, be my guest, but you're not dragging me or the country that I love back to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman704 View Post
Your insane dedication to the cancer known as collectivism and the "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" mentality as well as your unwarranted antagonism against someone just asking a question or two sickens me, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
I hate to break this to you, buddy. You live in a society. Everything you do is reliant in some way on a public good. The anti-vaccers are the free-rider in this situation - basking in the benefits of public health while undermining it through inaction.

I know it's fun to pretend that we're all rugged individualists, but it's just a fantasy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2013, 02:30 PM
 
415 posts, read 436,284 times
Reputation: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Wait, so you are deciding on whether to bring a multi-million dollar business to the area based on your child's & your dog's needs? Well bless your heart.
We have narrowed down our search to a few cities based on our business's needs. Now we are looking at our family's needs, and yes our child and dogs mean the world to us.
Charlotte is a turnoff if I based my move off of the responses to a thread, but I of course I don't. Heading to Charlotte tomorrow to decide for myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:58 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top