Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 08:44 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,409,151 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm being considered for a job opportunity in Atlanta. I'm not interested in moving, so I would commute on a weekly basis. Maybe every other week.
Is there anyone out there that does this? If so, what is your mode of transportation?
And lodging - do you stay at an extended stay hotel, like InSuites? Or try to find a room to rent? Or stay at a nice hotel until I can accumulate points so I can stay for free?
I would be paying for my own travel expenses, so I'm trying to keep it affordable.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 04:17 PM

It's a contract job so it could last a year, maybe longer. I think I'll try Craigslist. It's a huge project so they may have other out of town consultants. If I get it, I may ask if anyone would want to share an apartment.

Thanks for responding.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:11 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,241,941 times
I have family members that do this very thing, except the cities are different (they live in the Midwest.)

They've found that speaking directly with the managers of extended stay hotels is how you get the best rate. Explain your situation, book as far ahead as you can for as many weeks as you can, and you'll get better pricing. They've had the best luck doing this with Candlewood Suites, but I'm not sure if that will meet your needs/expectations.

Good luck!

Old 01-06-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
I have family members that do this very thing, except the cities are different (they live in the Midwest.)

They've found that speaking directly with the managers of extended stay hotels is how you get the best rate. Explain your situation, book as far ahead as you can for as many weeks as you can, and you'll get better pricing. They've had the best luck doing this with Candlewood Suites, but I'm not sure if that will meet your needs/expectations.

Good luck!
That's a good idea. I will do that.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte