Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 08:42 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,444,137 times

Advertisements

Excuse me but what your definition of trashy? As I have visited Atlanta numerous amount of times, and I have always enjoyed the venues as well as the people occupying them. Maybe you were too "ignorant" too notice the obvious gay differings. Charlotte,while being beautiful,lacks the gay lifestyle and freedom that many cities including, Atlanta has embraced. Gay pride is not enough to say that the community,has embraced.and honored one's freedom of sexual preference. If you feel charlotte has a better "gay scene" than other cities, I highly suggest that you broaden you horizons and your knowledge on ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 08:46 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,807,148 times
^Sustained - I have many gay friends that I work with that will concur the the lifestyle/choices here in Charlotte is truly lacking. I agree if you think that Charlotte's "gay scene" is the be all/end all....then you really need to travel more to other cities that truly embrace the gay scene.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:18 AM

221 posts, read 431,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonix View Post
I've been living in Charlotte for 15 years. While I will admit that it's been fun, for the most part, it's been going downhill for a while now, and pretty soon it's going to end up just like NYC. Ugh...
NYC is the best city in the world. How dare you compare Charlotte to NYC!

Old 06-24-2013, 12:53 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,362,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginian101 View Post
I forgot to add to my comment above yours that I am gay and also have a boyfriend. Atlanta's gay nightlife is full of the trashy gays, which no one likes. So either you're not looking good enough or you're too ignorant to look. I've been here for less than a month and prefer Charlotte's gay scene in comparison to Northern Virginia's or Atlanta's by far.

Charlotte Gay Bars - GayCities Charlotte
Events - Gay Charlotte - GayCities Charlotte
Charlotte Restaurants - GayCities Charlotte
Good to hear that you enjoy Charlotte. But gay nightlife is more limited as compared to Atlanta or Northern Virginia, which has access to Washington, DC. For years, Atlanta has been the center of gay nightlife in the Southeast. Although many would argue it was better back in the 80s and 90s, as certain longtime legendary nightspots began closing around 2006, and the nightlife scene down there has been transitioning ever since. But still a fun city. Charlotte is just more quiet and conservative, but can still have enjoyable nightlife for both gay and straight. And you may want to take a trip up to Asheville sometime.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:36 PM

ROTHLMFAO true somethimes.
OH and virginian101 you can post all damn links you want. THe bar at 316 is just that a bar which I have a alcohol cabinet so I'll just make stronger drinks then the watered down drinks that they serve. Club Azure is nice but my homeboy ie the one that does all the promotions is going to stop. Why because there isn't enough gay men that come out to do anything. So he says why waste time and money when nobody else is putting for the effort. One person cannot out Charlotte on the map as he has been doing for years. And really? Club Scorpio...your funny....me and my boyfriend went and we said never again. All these kids here fighting. Need an older 21 crowd. So sir I have contacts. But imma end this because me and my boyfriend are boarding our plane back to charlotte. Good day

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-24-2013 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: orphan- the quoted post was deleted

Old 06-24-2013, 01:45 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
ROTHLMFAO true somethimes.
OH and virginian101 you can post all damn links you want. THe bar at 316 is just that a bar which I have a alcohol cabinet so I'll just make stronger drinks then the watered down drinks that they serve. Club Azure is nice but my homeboy ie the one that does all the promotions is going to stop. Why because there isn't enough gay men that come out to do anything. So he says why waste time and money when nobody else is putting for the effort. One person cannot out Charlotte on the map as he has been doing for years. And really? Club Scorpio...your funny....me and my boyfriend went and we said never again. All these kids here fighting. Need an older 21 crowd. So sir I have contacts. But imma end this because me and my boyfriend are boarding our plane back to charlotte. Good day
why are you getting angry when you CHOSE to live in Charlotte...

You make it sound like Charlotte tricked you.

A person tried to give you a few links and you are doing the "hated it" gay stereotype... maybe it's not the clubs, maybe it's you.

Why not stay in NYC instead of bringing that attitude back to Charlotte?

Old 06-24-2013, 02:16 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,231,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
why are you getting angry when you CHOSE to live in Charlotte...

You make it sound like Charlotte tricked you.

A person tried to give you a few links and you are doing the "hated it" gay stereotype... maybe it's not the clubs, maybe it's you.

Why not stay in NYC instead of bringing that attitude back to Charlotte?
He still hasn't said what isn't gay enough about Charlotte.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:44 PM

its not the matter of how gay a city is. Just seems like its divided in the gay community that is here. Were both African American with me being part Puerto Rican. There isn't much here. Even my friends that are gay say that. Charlotte is nice and we all moved here BC of our job Metlife. There isn't much gay stuff In charlotte BC there is very little diversity. I'm sorry but a lot of the places we been fill like there geared towards Caucasian with the exception of a few other races. I dont mind but a lot of the places seem that way. We felt out of place being the only people of color but when we look for other clubs we find little to nothing. Its not a trick, MetLife pays very well but the gay scene here threw us off and so did the nickname (the queen city) until I did my research.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:59 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,231,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
its not the matter of how gay a city is. Just seems like its divided in the gay community that is here. Were both African American with me being part Puerto Rican. There isn't much here. Even my friends that are gay say that. Charlotte is nice and we all moved here BC of our job Metlife. There isn't much gay stuff In charlotte BC there is very little diversity. I'm sorry but a lot of the places we been fill like there geared towards Caucasian with the exception of a few other races. I dont mind but a lot of the places seem that way. We felt out of place being the only people of color but when we look for other clubs we find little to nothing. Its not a trick, MetLife pays very well but the gay scene here threw us off and so did the nickname (the queen city) until I did my research.
Define "gay stuff". What do you mean by "isn't much here"?

Old 06-24-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Define "gay stuff". What do you mean by "isn't much here"?

I said it in my last post but I'll break it down for you. Gay stuff for blacks. That's why and I refuse to move to Atlanta for obvious reasons. Anything else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte