Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 06:12 PM

158 posts, read 466,006 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I'm in Jersey and we are at 11 degrees. Brrrr. Can't wait for July 08 when we'll be down for good... Although I will miss jersey! The post was sooo awesome and valuable to someone like me preparing for the move down!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 06:17 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisquato View Post
Yeah, I'm in Jersey and we are at 11 degrees. Brrrr. Can't wait for July 08 when we'll be down for good... Although I will miss jersey! The post was sooo awesome and valuable to someone like me preparing for the move down!
I wore shorts around my house all day today This past week in Charlotte has been just awesome weatherwise!

Old 02-11-2008, 06:20 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisquato View Post
Bibit is a very helpful and informative source!!! I know it is hard to leave . . . it took me quite a while to adjust . . . left a big piece of my heart in Kansas City. However, w/ email and great rates on long distance/cells . . . it really has helped and now I go back at least once a year to visit . . . and friends come see me here.

And I am from this area and have family here! But it can't make up for leaving things you have come to treasure.

I know you will find others, tho, who are probably from your area. If you are around other newcomers, I think that helps, too - as you can all discover things together and will probably find a lot of new friends quickly.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I wore shorts around my house all day today This past week in Charlotte has been just awesome weatherwise!
HA HA HA - it is almost cruel for us to rub it in about the great weather, LOL. Yeah, I sat out on the porch for a while w/ my laptop today.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:28 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
We came down from Baltimore last weekend to finalize the contract on our new house in Charlotte - the weather was perfect...now its snowing here and the ice is coming. Looking forward to moving in July.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
We came down from Baltimore last weekend to finalize the contract on our new house in Charlotte - the weather was perfect...now its snowing here and the ice is coming. Looking forward to moving in July.
Keep posting - if there are any questions that we can help with - to make your transition smoother. Hang in there . . . Spring is not too far off . . .

Old 02-12-2008, 07:55 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Keep posting - if there are any questions that we can help with - to make your transition smoother. Hang in there . . . Spring is not too far off . . .
Thanks and we know this is the place to ask them. Right now - we're good, as we have a few of the major hurdles cleared. I own a house here, but that has all been taken care of. Also, we both work from home for companies based in other locations - so no house to sell, no jobs to look for - which seem to be the biggest hurdles facing those thinking of relocating.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:59 AM

245 posts, read 881,055 times
what I like about CLT the most is - regulations...the first time we visited it was pure vacation...we looked for a "liquor store" only to find that liquor is controlled by the state...

that sounds great to me. seeing the grades for restaurants, updated elevator lisences (silly I know) all of these things make me feel better.

I like rules - go figure.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Thanks and we know this is the place to ask them. Right now - we're good, as we have a few of the major hurdles cleared. I own a house here, but that has all been taken care of. Also, we both work from home for companies based in other locations - so no house to sell, no jobs to look for - which seem to be the biggest hurdles facing those thinking of relocating.
DH and I work from home, too! You are right- those are the biggest hurdles for most people - dealing w/ housing and a job - so no worries w/ that.

I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised at how many others have moved to this area and are very willing to meet new people. Plus, so many outdoor activities. We like to take breaks and get out of the house . . . plus - we have found we can take our laptops and work outside at times.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjdaniels View Post
what I like about CLT the most is - regulations...the first time we visited it was pure vacation...we looked for a "liquor store" only to find that liquor is controlled by the state...

that sounds great to me. seeing the grades for restaurants, updated elevator lisences (silly I know) all of these things make me feel better.

I like rules - go figure.
Somewhat related to this . . . one of the things that has always impressed me about NC - is that the Atty. Gen's office is very proactive on the behalf of citizens. I think that is very important. We have a good consumer advocacy program thru/ the AG office. That may be comforting to you, also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte