Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:11 AM

422 posts, read 1,365,775 times

Advertisements

Fencing is a BIG issue in my neighborhood. White picket only, 50% open (no privacy) and heres an interesting one.... no rotweilers (sp?), dovermans and pitbulls!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 09:15 AM

674 posts, read 803,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post
Fencing is a BIG issue in my neighborhood. White picket only, 50% open (no privacy) and heres an interesting one.... no rotweilers (sp?), dobermans and pitbulls!
This is not unusual anymore. Several neighborhoods are restricting these breeds and mixes of these breeds. What a lot of people do not understand is that a major expense for HOAs is insurance. This is often 30% or more of HOA expenses. Restricting these breeds is about decreased liability for the neighborhood.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:20 AM

422 posts, read 1,365,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
This is not unusual anymore. Several neighborhoods are restricting these breeds and mixes of these breeds. What a lot of people do not understand is that a major expense for HOAs is insurance. This is often 30% or more of HOA expenses. Restricting these breeds is about decreased liability for the neighborhood.
Makes sense....

Old 01-03-2008, 11:04 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,952,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Hee Hee Hee. Do you have restriction on toys, sports equipment, bikes left outside overnite? We had one neighbor who used to just drive around hoping to see a baseball bat or bike left leaning against a garage. I think he didn't like kids.

my co-worker who rents a townhome in Ballantyne got a nasty letter from the HOA due to "excessive toys" on her enclosed patio. One of the HOA officers lives behind her and can see from the 2nd floor onto her patio and thinks there are too many "plastic toys" on the patio. She and her landlord took photos from outside the fence showing nothing could be seen and proving the patio couldn't be seen from anywhere and the landlord LOST the appeal. Needless to say, she's moving in March to get away from this psycho!.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:54 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelou View Post
my co-worker who rents a townhome in Ballantyne got a nasty letter from the HOA due to "excessive toys" on her enclosed patio. One of the HOA officers lives behind her and can see from the 2nd floor onto her patio and thinks there are too many "plastic toys" on the patio. She and her landlord took photos from outside the fence showing nothing could be seen and proving the patio couldn't be seen from anywhere and the landlord LOST the appeal. Needless to say, she's moving in March to get away from this psycho!.
That is pathetic. Seems some people like to play warden.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:58 PM

379 posts, read 644,556 times
Has anyone ever heard about the HOA vs the Charlotte homeowner who planted 6-8 HUGE palm trees in the yard?

Old 08-31-2010, 06:57 PM

67 posts, read 151,423 times
one place i was planning on buying had a no Truck or SUV rule, along with no BBQ grills. How in the world am I supposed to have a Fourth of July BBQ when all my buddies drive trucks and SUVs and they only have 2 community grills lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte